Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2018, 05:04 PM   #1
usmcknight69

M.O.C. #22084
Norcold 2118 Refrigerator Issue????

I have a 2018 Montana 3950 with the Norcold 2118 double fridge/freezer. Here's my question: Camper was hooked up at my house for a week with the fridge on hooked up to shore power (50 amp). I had the temp set at 7. We left to go camping (30 minutes away) for the weekend and switched over to gas during the drive. I heard the burner kick on so I know it was working. Hooked up at the campground and and switched to auto mode. Several hours later, the fridge seemed warm. It was only "cooling" the items inside. It was noticeably warmer inside the fridge. Freezer was still cold enough to not melt a bag of ice we put inside. It stayed like this all weekend.

This was our first trip in the camper.

I got home, emptied the fridge and turned it off. I left it off for less than 10 minutes before deciding to turn it back on. This time, I set the fridge to 9 and placed a thermometer in the fridge and one in the freezer. It has now sat for 8 hrs cooling. The temp in the freezer is 18* and the temp in the fridge is 44*. Is this normal or should it be cooler inside both?

Any help is appreciated.
usmcknight69 is offline   Reply With Quote