Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2023, 08:51 PM   #1
showme

M.O.C. #22658
Can't find screen clips for 2000 dinette window screen

I just replaced a section of floor and some wall panels due to a roof leak in our large slide, so while I was re-inserting the window "frames", I noticed the large rectangular screen (no curved corners) was not lining up right, so I removed it and cleaned it. On re-installing the screen, I broke both the upper clips that hold the screen in place. The two lower clips are built in to the window unit. Now, I can't find any of these clips anywhere. And when i start looking for Montana parts, it seems most places only list models back to '04. does anyone know where to find these clips, or at least a clip that will work? I'll try to post some pics, but I'm pretty bad at that. Thanks for any help with this. Lee
ps- I believe there may have been another flat piece that broke off of the clips. Something like a pull tab on a screen, but part of the part in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230924_214024134.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	27.5 KB
ID:	15563   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230924_214409918.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	15564   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230924_214305829.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	15565  

Old 09-24-2023, 09:26 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
I did a search for replacement RV window screen clips and came up with this:
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=rv+window...l_2kpmxbue8b_e
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 07:44 AM   #3
showme

M.O.C. #22658
Thanks, Rohrmann. I've searched and searched, even found this very page (and then kept searching amazon, and every other rv parts dealer i could find.) I'm guessing these were so bad that they discontinued them, and that I'm going to have to either contact Keystone or find a subsititute that will hold the screen in. To be honest, we only use the 5th wheel for tool storage and shelter from rain when we're working at the property. I'm tempted to show a picture of the interior of the "tool crib", but I'm afraid I may freak some other rv owners out. But thank you for going to the trouble of looking that up for me. The one looks similar, but mine is plastic and not quite the same shape. One problem is that this is the only screen in the fiver that is held in with those, so I can't even use another window's clips as a guide.