Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 05-18-2024, 10:09 AM   #1
Stumbel

M.O.C. #34328
Bathroom cabinet removal

I am looking for help with how to remove the medicine cabinet in our 2014 Montana High Country. We have mold and I need to remove the cabinet to get to the insulation to remove it and remediate.

Stumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2024, 07:43 AM   #2
LeftOverParts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #32230
Not sure about your exact cabinet configuration and how much detail you want so here’s one way to generally do it. Sorry, kinda long.

Look for screws that are Phillips or #2 square drive that hold the cabinet to the wall. If you have multiple cabinets, look for the screws usually at inside front, top and bottom, that go sideways from one cabinet to another.

If the cabinet has a gap at the ceiling mark or measure where it is.

You might want to build a platform(s) to support the cabinet with the counter to aid removal and installation. If you have multiple cabinets, you’ll have to decide which one comes out first - consider towel bars or switches in the way. For example, we have 3 fastened together along one wall. I would take the middle one out first then the sides to make it easier to deal with the corner and a light switch on one side.

There is probably trim on the sides that contact a wall. A thin putty knife can be worked under it to pry the trim but you’ll have to be careful on the direction to pry so you don’t dent the cabinet. If there’s caulk, best to take a sharp box knife and carefully cut it so it doesn’t tear your wall finish when you pull the cabinet.

For trim I intend to reuse, I trim the staples from the back to minimize damaging the trim. A 23g pin nailer will help with trim install.

Good luck!
LeftOverParts is offline   Reply With Quote