Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 06-11-2024, 02:59 AM   #21
RMcNeal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creeker View Post
My vote for the worst interstate in the USA. Possibly the world.

The Gov should be embarrassed. Literally as you cross the state line into GA it gets smooth as silk. From I26 down to GA I stay in the left lane as much as possible. Many less concrete patches in the left lane but still terrible.
Agree completely. My daughter lives in Charleston so we travel that route quite often. I try to avoid it as much as possible. Use US-17 from exit 33 going north. If we are heading west toward I-26, I use US-21 (from Exit 42, I think) to I-26W through Orangeburg. It is a shorter, slower route, the roads are in much better shape and it does make for a much more scenic drive.

RMcNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2024, 11:10 AM   #22
Playhouse
Established Member

M.O.C. #34383
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaneGreen View Post
As for the truck bed "vortex"....we have a Ram 3500 dually and never had a problem with anything in the bed of the truck until this Spring. Four years full time criss-crossing the country for work and nothing moved. In March I backed up against a curb when parking and ripped the mudflaps off. They were massive rubber mudflaps that sat within a 1/2" of the ground. Sure enough, a week later my 4' step ladder blows out of the truck going down the highway. Luckily no one (or our Montana) was hurt. Didn't make the mudflap connection until our bag of water hoses blew out and the strap hung on the tailgate.
Hey Shane - Just to follow up on this, am I understanding correctly that adding mud flaps ended your vortex problem?

I've been teasing my wife for years that I need to get either Yosemite Sam's "Back Off" mud flaps or the chrome reclining naked woman. This might be my big chance.
Old 06-12-2024, 10:20 AM   #23
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Our 3813MS rides very smoothly, however we upgraded to the MORryde IS with 8k. Truck has rear air level suspension option too. On very rough roads we occasionally get a few things shifted, but nothing ever spilled out of cabinets or fridge. On one trip we forgot a glass of water on counter... still there 300 miles later. We also pack to mitigate such issues. We are not in a hurry either which probably helps reduce shock and bumps as well. Of course we could just be lucky so far.

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2024, 02:33 PM   #24
rpc2325

M.O.C. #34155
We had a Morhyde independent suspension installed a few years ago. 3231CK. I have left things sitting on the island and driven a few hundred miles. Didn't move. Also gives a much smoother ride, especially at the bridge transitions on the freeways.
rpc2325 is offline   Reply With Quote