Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-22-2024, 09:08 AM   #1
MuscadineMontana
Established Member

M.O.C. #29898
2023 3761FL - leaky grey tanks

Hello!

I’ve verified I’ve got 2 leaks from both grey tank handles. I’ve ran water with valves closed on each tank, and every time it’s got a substantial leak coming through while in the closed position. Does anyone have any pictures of the inside of the unit open where these valves can be accessed? I’m curious to know where to start and how long my cable needs to be. I think I’ll just replace the entire valve instead of the seal. Any help or tips is appreciated! If the seal is easier and cheaper may just do that.

MuscadineMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 09:51 AM   #2
Gonefishing
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #33285
I have the same unit only a 2021. I don’t have pictures but I had the underside dropped for another reason and if I remember right they are right underneath where the handles are. Drop the underside where the dump verse are and you should be able to get to them. When dropping the underside make you a brace to hold it up while removing the screws. The reason is because as the screw are removed it will start falling because from the weight. If you don’t have it braced it will pull away from the screw that have not been removed. At least that is what happen to me.
2021 Montana 3761fl pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Gonefishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 11:29 AM   #3
MuscadineMontana
Established Member

M.O.C. #29898
Thanks for the help! Did you go back with self tapping screws? Just left camping world and they think since it’s a grey tank valve it’s the 1.5 size instead of the 3”… I guess I’ll find out when I open it up. I’m guessing it’s 3.
MuscadineMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2024, 01:01 PM   #4
Gonefishing
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #33285
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuscadineMontana View Post
Thanks for the help! Did you go back with self tapping screws? Just left camping world and they think since it’s a grey tank valve it’s the 1.5 size instead of the 3”… I guess I’ll find out when I open it up. I’m guessing it’s 3.
Yes I went back with self tappers and washers.
2021 Montana 3761fl pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Gonefishing is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
grey, leak, seal, tank