Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2022, 11:22 AM   #61
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
mhs4771 - I may not have this exactly right - but seems like I have read that folks with the MOR/Ryde IS need to take it to MOR/Ryde for an annual inspection and tune-up?? Is that correct?

I don't recall when or where I read that (probably this forum) but if that is true it would not be too convenient for me to plan my vacation around our visit to MOR/Ryde...not exactly DW's idea of a destination vacay!

Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 04:08 PM   #62
team bradfield
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19994
Quote:
Originally Posted by team bradfield View Post
Thanks, it's that or a new MH. Getting tired of the junk suspension, etrailer loves my wet bolt purchasing, every trip one breaks
Traded in the black pearl today for a 2023 Newmar Dutch Star 4081

We loved our rig until it started to fall apart (suspension, the rest has been a joy) since my rotator cuff surgery, the suspension is too much work for a one armed old man...

I will still lurk, after owning 2 Montana's, I might still be of some help to others.

signing off, be safe out there

The "Black Pearl"-2017 3731FL Legacy Package
2017 F-450 Platinum, 6.7 PSD
team bradfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 05:02 PM   #63
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhs4771 View Post
I well add this: Yes the MOR/Ryde IS is expensive, but follow some of the threads here and on other RV forums and look how much money people have spent on Band Aides for the Horse & Buggy suspension. Spring hangers, wet bolts, springs, even axles yet end up with basicly what they started with.
Our unit is coming up on 7 years of near full time use with approx 60K road miles. IS and Disc Brakes we installed when new. Last year we replaced one Sheer Spring and the Disc Brakes Pads, that is the total expense on upkeep of our suspension.
Sort of like the old add "Pay me now, or Pay me latter"
I appreciate that but I'll never get near 60K miles and it. It was tough enough to get my wife on board to spend the nearly 200K for this rig.
Old 10-26-2022, 06:44 PM   #64
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Mike-n-Debbie, have never heard that. In the almost 7 years this is only the second time I've been back to MOR/Ryde. A few years ago I had an appointment with them for a routine check and bearing pack and adding Timkin bearings after our SOB Rally in Shipshewana. Last year was the same which resulted in the replacement on one Sheer Spring and all new Disc Brakes pads which were due with our mileage.
And it a short hop and skip to them from the Fair Grounds before or after the Montana Rally which I wouldn't miss if we still had ours. The free work and parts from Keystone plus all the good folks and friends you can make.
We plan our Summer around our Rally which is held in July.
Old 10-26-2022, 07:21 PM   #65
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Ok thanks for the correction.
For routine maintenance on the IS system - you can get it done anywhere - right?
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2022, 11:19 PM   #66
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldbak View Post
I appreciate that but I'll never get near 60K miles and it. It was tough enough to get my wife on board to spend the nearly 200K for this rig.
Know what you mean Tony. Much as I would LOVE to have IS, I just can't justify doing so at the present time. I've already extended my planned retirement date due to the "toys".

I do know that Michelle & Ann are probably 100% correct though in that it will most likely wind up along the lines of "pay me now or pay me later". For now I'm planning on pin box, solar and disc brake upgrades.
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote