Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2006, 03:01 PM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Cabinet problems and new space above water heater

I have tried all day to make repairs to the paneling. This is one of those, assemble first part, then second part and then third part. The paneling that buckled was the first part. The slide, drawers, doors and carpet hold the paneling in, I would have to tear it out chunk by chunk. I will not do this as I want the dealer to see it.
Sue and I did make shelving above the hot water heater.
What a pain to do this kind of work on the road, we had to buy some wood pull saws to do the job.
I'll post some pictures.
Quality control............
Ozz
Picture 1
Picture 2
Picture 3

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 02:55 AM   #2
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ozz, I really think you should get in contact with "team Montana" and share all of this with them complete with pictures. If we do not tell them about problems and fixes they can not know and can not fix. My experience here at the rally and talking and meeting with these folks indicate that they will listen and want to know.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 03:20 AM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Rich, do they have an e-mail address that they gave you guys for contact? It seems if they were interested in out input, they would have a method of communication.
I do realize they may not want to open the door to personal interaction, but I don't know how much they interacted with you lucky ones at the rally that spoke with them.
Ozz
Edit for lousy spelling...
Old 09-29-2006, 06:09 AM   #4
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Ozz and Sue - I do hope you are back together by now and are enjoying the rest of your vacation!

I feel so bad for you that you have had to spend all this time rebuilding your Montana on the road. Especially after all that work you did up front!

Why don't you just drop it at the Dealer and come up for a beer! Actually you might be thinking Scotch by now.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:45 PM   #5
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Ozz, My wife and I are going to the dealer that you purchased your unit from tomorrow. I will ask them if they will make a service call to New Mexico. Maybe I should show them your pictures and say that I am not sure about a Montana that way they may cut me a better deal. What do you think?
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 01:53 PM   #6
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Dennis, I think you are as smart as you look! That will be a great tool for negotiation. I would also suggest going straight to Barry, the owner, start with him, and talk about your misgivings, then he will assign a salesman for the rest of the deal, you will have laid a 'softer' approach. Barry is a very good man, sales aside, I would find him a good neighbor and a good friend.
I would consider it a personal favor to do as you suggested, it will help me when I go back for help on my problems as well.
Thanks, I appreciate it.
Good luck on your deal.
Ozz
Old 09-29-2006, 02:01 PM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hey Brad!
Sue and I took today off and went to town! I will write a blurb about our times today, what a Hoot!
Why don't you guys motor on down here and we will wine and dine the city. What a super, super town.
Santa Fe is tops in my book.
If we miss here, you will have to go further South to run into us, We will try Albuquerque for the bike trails, said to be the best in the nation, then on to Sedona for some more sight seeing.
Talk to you, buddy.
Ozz and Sue
Old 09-29-2006, 07:09 PM   #8
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I'd love to Ozz, but we're hosting poker night tomorrow night. If I get released on contract Monday - I'll be in Albuquerque Tuesday and Wednesday on business - It would be a kick to get with you if your still in Albuquerque.

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 02:04 AM   #9
Broome101
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1832
Ozz,
Sorry to see all your problems QC is a major issue I think with most all units out there. On a lighter note I am curious about your Air box Hitch from Husky. How did it perform, does it work as advertised. About what is the cost of one of those?
Broome101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:23 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I think it's great and would recommend it to you. It works as advertised, I think it's around $1400.
Ozz
Old 09-30-2006, 04:19 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Ozz..just call the montana number and ask for someone from team Montana.As we observed at the rally everything is in the same building(the service center) You will for sure get someone who will be interested in your
problems.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 05:28 AM   #12
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Thanks, Rich. Appreciate it. I think I will go up the chain of command, so to speak. I like my dealer, and don't want to make it seem he is not doing his job. If they don't take care of the problems, I will do what is necessary.
One of my Montana friends, Mudchief, will be talking with my dealer today, he is planning on a new unit, and will be discussing my problems with our dealer.
Take care, Ozz
Old 09-30-2006, 04:48 PM   #13
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Ozz, I sent you a PM about my visit with the dealer.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:29 AM   #14
dcowie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3207
Ozz, sorry I missed you in Santa Fe, just left Saturday. What campground did you use?
We were in Santa Fe Skies.
dcowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:01 AM   #15
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Doug, We are in KOA, East of town, we will be leaving in a couple of hours for Albuquerque. Where did you go?
Isn't it awesome here? which one is Santa Fe Skies?