Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2023, 12:25 PM   #1
The Honey Badger

M.O.C. #31891
22 Montana 335BH - Water in Front Window

Does anyone here have any experience removing the front window and re-sealing? The issue is that when it rains while towing water is getting pushed through the front window seal area and into the V on the inside (getting an inch or so of water) because Keystone did not properly construct the opening to insure that the factory seal would do its job.
I am extremely handy and have a ton of construction experience and have owned numerous RVs - However I have never worked on one these front windows and its not entirely clear how they installed it and secured it in place. There is an inner gasket and an out seal. The outer seal is easy to remove however the inner seal that the window sits in and is supposed to provide a seal against the window frame is not so simple to understand how to remove it and the window.

The Honey Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 08:49 PM   #2
Rondo
Site Team

M.O.C. #7560
John,
When did you purchase your unit? You said it is a 2022 model and it should be covered under the warranty for this problem. Check with your dealer or another Montana dealership and see if they can file a claim under warranty. It must go through a dealer to get it covered.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2023, 07:31 PM   #3
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
At the top of this page is a google search. I searched “front window” and looked thru nearly every thread that came up…see screen shots below. I did not find much information. I did not find anyone that posted about the cost of re-setting the front glass or the cost of a complete replacement. In one of the threads a mobile tech had come to the campground and reset the windshield in new urethane sealant - which solved their window leak issue. I would be curious to know how the tech accomplished that…is it a two man job? And how long did it take? And what did it cost?

The comments in the second screen shot stating the dealer told him the wind shield was “$600 and the shipping is almost as much” - leads me to guess that a new windshield + shipping today is probably close to $2000…and then you add the shop labor for the install. I would speculate it to be 3-4 hour job + materials…maybe $600-$800. I found one thread where a rock hit caused a star crack and they had a guy come fix the star crack so it would not spread. I have done that with one of my past cars.

I found a couple of threads from 2017 speculating that the new windshield design was bound to be trouble with chips, broken glass and leaks. I have been reading this forum daily since January 2018. Based on the low number of threads that came up from my google search about trouble with the front windshield - there must not be a lot of troubles out there. We have not had any issues - besides condensate collecting below the window in cold weather. A towel fixed that one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1541.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	201.0 KB
ID:	14588   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1540.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	221.8 KB
ID:	14589  
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote