Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2023, 06:34 PM   #1
Gonefishing
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #33285
Hand rail

Looking to match the hand rails inside my Montana. Need one for the wall going from kitchen into bedroom. Anyone know where I might start looking for one.

2021 Montana 3761fl pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Gonefishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 06:53 AM   #2
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Trekwood RV Parts ?
RecPro RV supplies?
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 07:55 AM   #3
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
I just answered your post on Keystone Owners Forum - so this is a repeat of sorts...

I can't figure out the rhyme or reason some why Montanas come with a handrail and others don't. Mine had no handrail. I researched Montana handrail types and it varies by year and model...some models used a wood rail, some used metal rails. I installed a 18" long "black" or dark bronze rail a few months ago that we found at Lowes. We just picked one that we both liked (screen shot below). It looks and works great.

DW had wanted the rail since it was new. I had taken a photo of the studs as they show up on a cool dewey morning (sketch below) and made some measurements. Ultimately I used a stud finder to locate the studs on the inside wall and used painters tape to define both sides of the stud rather than pencil marks. I briefly considered researching code required mounting heights (I mean who cares ???) - so I held it up to the wall and had DW tell me when the mounting height on the low side felt right when she approached the steps. The rail I chose had included a mounting template which made layout easy. I used self tapping screws to attach the mounting plates to the wall and attached the rail to the plates. It took an hour or so.

At the moment I am having trouble finding photo of the finished rail. I will post it when I find it.

I did find a sketch I did showing the mounting height dimensions for my rail - but again - I arrived at those locations by letting DW determine what felt right.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-10-02_07-02-32.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	15640   Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-07-07_15-42-38.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	15641   Click image for larger version

Name:	handrail stud dimensions.jpg
Views:	8