Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-31-2023, 11:00 PM   #21
Robev
Established Member

M.O.C. #20506
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred715 View Post
On our first trip since last fall at the end of June I AGAIN dropped the trailer on the truck! This time I had my bed saver and it prevented any damage. I backed partially into my hitch and thought everything looked fine, and then started to pull forward and heard that dreaded noice. This was 6 am in the morning and wasn't being thorough enough. Put a slight nick in tailgate plastic cover. Dropped the legs, and raised trailer, backed under and hooked up properly. On our first stop on our trip I tried to hook up fresh water to sewer flush and even changed fittings to hookup. On upon turning water on it fill up sewer and backed up toilet and overflowed into bathroom making a mess. I don't know why I proceeded to hook up this way. I'm questioning my ability to think straight after 20 yrs of RVing. No excuse for either one of these mistakes. The first time I dropped the trailer was in 2009 when I was going to trade truck for new 2007 Chevy truck. It destroyed the pickup bed. I bought my bedsaver right after that. I think that this tops anyone elses screwups.
Dropped the Montana on off my truck also. I was distracted by another RV’er wanting to chat when doing my final walk around. $1,200 in damages helps me from being distracted now days. It happens to many of us, especially those of us blessed with a few strands of grey hair.

Robev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2023, 08:13 AM   #22
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Ready to hit the road. Stopped at my local Big-O on the way out of town and had them air up all the tires. Stopped at my office on the way out. Pulled into the driveway to park and barely made contact with the curb on my left front truck tire. Heard hissssss, There went $400. Thank god for AAA. Good news is I only have 10K miles on it and don't need to replace both front tires.

Got to the camp site and set up. Unlocked the RVlock with the remote. Door wouldn't open. Thought "CRAP" the frame is in a twist and the door is bound up. Reconnected the trailer to the truck went to open the door and.....it was still locked. Guess I didn't press the right button. Don't tell DW. She still don't know
Old 09-28-2023, 05:41 AM   #23
1retired06
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12156
Nothing broke
F350 crew cab dually 6.7
1retired06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 07:30 PM   #24
Cindy and Ray's Grand Tour
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21053
We took a 4 month, 3,500 mile trip from Florida to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. I had prepped the Monty well with a maintenance package and all new tires. First stop 200 miles in and my trailer brakes failed because of electrical connections. Both the stove top and oven electrical starters broke leading to our using a lighter the rest of the trip. Toilet ring had to be replaced. On the last stop the sink drain fell apart and I flooded the kitchen floor. That was an easy fix -Screw it back together. Overall not too bad for that long of a trip. We have had a lot more issues on previous summer trips.

As for being a clumsy, I have managed to destroy 3 tailgates in about 4 years. I never replaced it after the last time and won't until we are done towing.
Jacksonville, FL
Cindy and Ray's Grand Tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 11:49 PM   #25
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Thank you Little Rock area interstate roadways
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20230904-WA0013.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	343.6 KB
ID:	15601  
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 05:27 PM   #26
bigred715
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5091
Some new mistakes Items not Working

Getting ready for 18 day trip to the Oregon coast and my TST system quit. No monitering for the whole trip. After leaving South Beach campground realized in Florence at Pacific Pines campground that we had left our small mat for entry in the park. Then to top it off while backing in trailer for storage I missed the stop blocks and "someone" didn't let me know. Not badly damaged ladder, but just the same, the first time in 13 yrs. I had to order a new monitor for tire system and it is supposed to arrive today. Black screen, no color for $86 and $7.50 shipping from TST.
bigred715 is offline   Reply With Quote