Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2023, 10:52 PM   #24
Hortense
Established Member

M.O.C. #24736
Quote:
Originally Posted by firestation12 View Post
What year and model and trim level did this involve? Our business operates 14 superduty trucks ranging in years 2017-2022 including F-250 and F-350 crew cab all with 4wd and 6.7 diesel. First I’ve heard of this. What was the amended capacity you ended up with?

Hi. Mine was a 2020 F350 4wd 6.7L diesel. For my specific case, cargo capacity went from 4368 lbs to 3787 lbs. That's non-trivial, especially as regards pin weight on a 5th wheel.

If you're effected, you should have received the recall. Here is a Safety report that'll let you track down the rest if you are interested.

For me, it's more than this specific recall. Ford no longer stands by their products. I contacted them and the dealer, asking to be made whole. Essentially, the reaction was "We sold it to you with this cargo capacity, but that was BS. You got something less capable. We'll keep the money."
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Safety_Report_RCLRPT-21V087-3211.PDF (210.2 KB, 70 views)