Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2024, 07:50 PM   #1
Pa_5er
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20027
My Old Kentucky Home State Park

This KY state park in Bardstown is not what they say. We made reservations for an over night stay through Reserve America. We were supposed to have a pull through site that was 50' long. Arrived after a long travel day only to find out they rented our spot to somebody else. It wasn't even a pull through site. There were not any spots that appeared to fit a fiver. Ended up spending the night at Walmart down the road. Pass on this state park.

Pa_5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 06:10 AM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
How did you make your reservation? Did you call their 800 number or do it on line through Reserve America.

I have found that when calling the State Park directly (especially in Mississippi), things don't turn out right. But when using the Reserve America system it does.

However, we were at Hugh White State Park in Mississippi last week-end and Reserve America said 50-30-20 amp service available. When we got there, yea ... it was available. One post for 2 campsites. Whoever got there first got the plug of their choice. The camper beside us took the 50 amp. We wanted the 50. PLUS.... the distance from the trailer to the electric box was over 100 feet. I did not have enough cord. I called their office and was able to get switch across the road. Again, a shared electric box, but no one else on the other site and the box was much closer.

Anyway, there's less problems when you use Reserve America .... AND always look for that Email confirmation in your Email. If you don't get it within 10 minutes after making the on-line reservation, then call the park and make sure you have the site.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2024, 07:52 AM   #3
Pa_5er
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20027
Hey Dutch,
Yes we used Reserve America and made reservations online. Email confirmation was sent within minutes. We showed the campground host the confirmation. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "I don't have it on my list."
DW will be calling Reserve America today for a refund. Fortunately the battery bank and inverter we installed kept the Foodie, micro wave and the essentials working all night. Even brewed a pot of coffee in my Bunn coffeemaker this morning! Leaving here shortly for a friend's house to view the Eclipse. They have a big property with 50 amp service and water. Take care.
Tod
Pa_5er is offline   Reply With Quote