Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-25-2023, 08:28 AM   #21
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleP View Post
I am trying to find out if my inverter has a power switch? I have the transfer switch turned on in the battery bay, is there some other switch that actually turns on the inverter? A picture for reference would be very helpful. Thanks so much!
That switch you're referring to is the inverter battery cutoff switch. Depending on the inverter package you have will depend on the on/off switch. The basic inverted system runs just the residential fridge. The next up inverts several plugs in the RV. The basic dimensions inverter has an on/off switch. The upgraded system has a control panel with a switch but the switch is disabled. See the manuals below.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Inverter switch.png
Views:	13
Size:	123.7 KB
ID:	13978  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Inverter CSW1012 Owner Manual.pdf (1.81 MB, 38 views)
File Type: pdf Inverter CSW2012 Montana.pdf (470.4 KB, 45 views)

Old 01-25-2023, 09:23 AM   #22
DTH
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26146
Recently had an issue on my 3231ck. On mine there is a GFCI receptacle behind the tv. My refrigerator was wired off of that GFCI and it tripped causing the refrigerator to shut off. You might check this as it is a simple fix to reset that device. Good Luck
Old 12-23-2023, 10:10 PM   #23
Jane Smith

M.O.C. #32699
I lost power to my GFCI behind the tv soo now the GFCI wont reset does anyone have an electrical wiring diagram that shows how the wire is run for the 400 i solar flex system??? im trying to find out where i lost power. all cks breakers have 120vac so its from the c/b panel to the GFCI outlet behind the tv . please let me know if anyone has had this issue i have a Montana 3231ck 2022
Jane Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 10:04 AM   #24
newowneroldmontana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19318
I don't know much about electrical wiring, but I see that your problem involves a GFCI outlet and a TV, just like the post right above yours does.

I had a GFCI outlet trip with a TV plugged into it recently, too, and I reset it, then turned the TV on again. After about ten minutes, the GFCI outlet tripped again, and I reset it without the TV plugged into it. Just moments later, though, the outlet tripped again without anything plugged into it, and would not reset.

I thought I had a wiring issue I was going to have to deal with eventually, or a bad GFCI outlet I was going to have to replace, but about five weeks later, I tried resetting the GFCI outlet again, and this time it worked. I've been using the outlet ever since, with no problem--but with an electric heater and a nightlight, not the TV. I haven't plugged that TV in again anywhere.

After researching the problem, I've determined that my TV is probably to blame. Apparently TVs are known to trip GFCI outlets. Or, rain may have gotten into a junction box under a slide, but then then the junction box dried out, allowing the outlet to reset. Or bugs may have gotten into the outlet and caused it to trip and not reset. I still don't know--just telling you this to let you know that your problem may be your TV.

This is an old thread--I think if you posted again, starting a new thread, you'd probably get more responses and more helpful information.
newowneroldmontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2023, 10:05 AM   #25
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Smith View Post
I lost power to my GFCI behind the tv soo now the GFCI wont reset does anyone have an electrical wiring diagram that shows how the wire is run for the 400 i solar flex system??? im trying to find out where i lost power. all cks breakers have 120vac so its from the c/b panel to the GFCI outlet behind the tv . please let me know if anyone has had this issue i have a Montana 3231ck 2022
Here's a schematic but an actual wire run diagram doesn't exist. Have you tried to recycle the inverter power? If your inverter is off it won't pass shore power to the inverted outlets. You could also have a bad GFI or connection to it. Remove it and check.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Wirng Diagram.png
Views:	8
Size:	216.0 KB
ID:	16170  

Tags
377fl, residential fridge