Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2021, 12:18 AM   #1
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Replacing our sofa...recommendations?

So after this last trip, I've decided that I'm tired of having to move the recliners (rear living room) so the two big slideouts can close when time to travel.
In our trailer at least, I have to turn them sideways and scoot them all the way against the rear wall for clearance. Kind of a hassle when traveling and setting up and breaking down for daily travel.
So what I want to do is move the sofa (non reclining) to the rear and the recliners to the main slideout next to the table. Problem is that our current OEM sleeper sofa is a couple inches too deep and the slideouts wouldn't have room to close. We never use the sleeper sofa, but it might be nice to replace it with another one just in case...
I need a sofa that is 36" or less front to back. Any suggestions on something comfy and not too deep? Sorry, forgot to measure the side to side dimension...
Appreciate any feedback!

Old 03-21-2021, 10:41 AM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
We too had the same frustration. The DW searched the internet for "apartment sized" furniture to find a sofa that would fit. She doesn't remember where she found it, but they are out there. It is only a two seater, no bed, but a large storage compartment under the seats. Our 3700RL has the smallest depth of most Montanas so we were really limited in choices.

If you are really curious, I can go to the RV, take a picture or two, and see if I can find a manufacturer's label.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 11:06 AM   #3
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
We've gotten a few things from Bradd and Hall in Elkhart Indiana and found others by going to regular furniture stores with measurements.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2021, 02:51 PM   #4
kingdaddy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10966
Thanks for the feedback...yeah, I have started looking online but seems like the front to back measurement is often not provided...just the length.
Old 03-22-2021, 07:01 AM   #5
Russ&Reen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21546
Try Ikea, they list sizes and have smaller furniture available.
Russ&Reen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 10:52 AM   #6
Bonitaly@bellsouth.net

M.O.C. #32271
Anyone tried the 28" depth sofa with pull down cushion cup holders from recpro in the back slide on the 3700rl?
Bonitaly@bellsouth.net is offline   Reply With Quote