Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-06-2023, 01:52 PM   #1
Bourbon County
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30449
Kudos to Keystone customer service

In this day in time where "customer service" seems to be an oxymoron; I want to share a really great experience I recently had with Keystone customer service. In particular, a lady named DeeDra.

I am attempting to build and install a flip up extension to go on the end of our kitchen island. In an attempt to determine the manufacturer and part number/pattern name of the solid surface material, I called Keystone to see if they could look up the build manifest on my rig. I spoke to DeeDra on the phone (no waiting) and she proceeded to research and send me 4 or 5 emails complete with photos of what product she thought it might be.

For such a trivial question, I think she did a great deal of research and great communication. It was above and beyond my expectations.

I think we (me in particular) are all quick to point out customer service when it sucks; I like to point out great customer service too. If there are any Montana reps viewing this forum: please give this lady a raise!

Bourbon County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 07:38 PM   #2
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourbon County View Post
In this day in time where "customer service" seems to be an oxymoron; I want to share a really great experience I recently had with Keystone customer service. In particular, a lady named DeeDra.

I am attempting to build and install a flip up extension to go on the end of our kitchen island. In an attempt to determine the manufacturer and part number/pattern name of the solid surface material, I called Keystone to see if they could look up the build manifest on my rig. I spoke to DeeDra on the phone (no waiting) and she proceeded to research and send me 4 or 5 emails complete with photos of what product she thought it might be.

For such a trivial question, I think she did a great deal of research and great communication. It was above and beyond my expectations.

I think we (me in particular) are all quick to point out customer service when it sucks; I like to point out great customer service too. If there are any Montana reps viewing this forum: please give this lady a raise!
I love these stories!
Old 02-07-2023, 06:46 AM   #3
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
To get great service see how nice you can be to the person you are talking to. Think about it who are you doing to help? Someone with a chip on their shoulder or someone that is nice to you. Most people will go out of their way to help you if you are nice or do as little as possible if you aren’t.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 10:08 AM   #4
Bourbon County
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #30449
I have some follow-up information for anyone else that might be considering a project like this.

A few years ago, the solid surface countertop material fit into the price difference niche between laminate and granite or quartz. We actually have it in our kitchen, for now anyway. It's a great choice for an RV because it's more attractive than laminate and much lighter and less brittle than granite. The downside to doing a small project is that the fab shop has to order it in 30" by 144" sheets which are now very expensive; actually much closer to the cost of granite. If you can identify the manufacturer and model number/name of the material in your rig, you might be fortunate enough to find a fab shop that has some remnants in stock that they are usually eager to sell. The manufacturers do discontinue patterns from time to time also.

After identifying my pattern, I called 6 different fab shops and luckily found one that had a piece large enough for my project. He's fabricating my shelf for $80 and I found the hardware for $29. Both of which I think are very reasonable.
Bourbon County is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 05:28 PM   #5
wed
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8174
The customer people have always been top notch
2020 3931 FB Legacy
wed is offline   Reply With Quote