Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-02-2022, 11:19 AM   #1
Seaulayter

M.O.C. #30127
CSW2012-HX Inverter Not Powering Up

My unit is a 2022 High Country 331RL e/w SolarFlex 200 that we purchased Feb 1, 2022 from CW - we just got it back after 5-weeks at CW Service (which I have zero confidence that they know what they are doing) for roof warranty work and to have them replace the positive and negative cables from the battery to the unit as they are too short to allow the battery box to close (which they did nit do).

Here is the problem when we got home - we plugged into shore power and turned on the refrigerator which it did turn on. I wanted to make sure that the inventor was on so I disconnected the shore power to make sure that the inverter powered the refrigerator if we were to loose power here at the house. Well no power from the inventor!

I have a CSW2012-HX inverter and the display panel shows 14.1v – Status & Display are both green. The codes that are displayed when I press the Select button are P51, AL1, 5DL. However, I cannot find a User Manual for the CSW2012-HX, the only one on the Magnum-Dimensions Products website is for the CSW2012-H.

This is our 4th 5th wheel and the first with a residential refrigerator and inverter. Any suggestions?

Seaulayter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 02:13 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
The CSW2012-HX is an update to the CSW2012-H, Take a look at the Magnum Inverters page *HERE* You should find this link to your manual

https://www.magnum-dimensions.com/si...W2012-X%29.pdf

The manual starts with this explanation:

"Addendum for use with CSW2012-HX
The CSW1012-HX comes with hardwire AC Input and hardwire AC Output cable with a Display Port for Remote Display. An Ignition Start Port is added to control the unit ON and OFF by using an external signal and the USB output port is removed. Other feature and function are the same as the CSW2012-X.
Use the following section to understand the unit’s features of CSW2012-HX in replace of “1.1 Features” on page 1 and 2 of the CSW2012-X Owner’s Manual."

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 07:38 PM   #3
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
The CSW2012-HX is an update to the CSW2012-H, Take a look at the Magnum Inverters page *HERE* You should find this link to your manual

https://www.magnum-dimensions.com/si...W2012-X%29.pdf

The manual starts with this explanation:

"Addendum for use with CSW2012-HX
The CSW1012-HX comes with hardwire AC Input and hardwire AC Output cable with a Display Port for Remote Display. An Ignition Start Port is added to control the unit ON and OFF by using an external signal and the USB output port is removed. Other feature and function are the same as the CSW2012-X.
Use the following section to understand the unit’s features of CSW2012-HX in replace of “1.1 Features” on page 1 and 2 of the CSW2012-X Owner’s Manual."

Thanks for posting this up for all of us Carl. This is a lot more information that I had before on our unit. I'll be pouring over the info on our next trip in a couple of weeks. Most trips are short, but we have one long trip scheduled for later on late this summer and I want to ensure the residential fridge will stay online during the road trip.
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 12:36 PM   #4
Juicemac78

M.O.C. #31241
I am having the same exact problem but I don’t think my Inverter HX has ever worked. I have tried many different things with no luck. Please post if you have found a solution. Thanks!
Juicemac78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 02:29 PM   #5
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Once AC power is off, i have to cycle the DC input switch to the CSW2012-HX Off and then back On again before the unit will go into invert mode. The transfer relay inside the inverter isn't functioning properly. I'm still awaiting replacement from M-I since April.
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2022, 07:01 PM   #6
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
I went through this as well. I had to cycle the inverter battery switch to turn on the inverter. The unit is programed to PS1 which disables the power switch on the remote. I programmed mine to PS4 enabling the power switch. It allows me to turn off the inverter when in storage but to turn it on I have to have the Gen running or shore power plugged in. Once its on I can turn off the gen. Obviously not a good option if you don't have a gen. I think it's a design flaw that the TS in the inverter doesn't work correctly. This is my second unit with the same outcome. But at PS4 it work fine for me.
Old 06-25-2022, 07:44 AM   #7
Juicemac78

M.O.C. #31241
Where is the DC input switch on the inverter? I didn’t think the HX version had one but may be wrong!
Juicemac78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 08:04 AM   #8
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
They all have a battery cutoff switch. It depends on the inverter location. Typically the inverter is located within 6 feet of the batteries. The inverter is connected to batteries with large black and red battery cables. The switch is in line with the red or positive cable. Just follow the wire. And there should be a remote switch that powers on the inverter if it's programed to do so.
Old 02-12-2023, 07:17 AM   #9
SteveandMona

M.O.C. #32322
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldbak View Post
I went through this as well. I had to cycle the inverter battery switch to turn on the inverter. The unit is programed to PS1 which disables the power switch on the remote. I programmed mine to PS4 enabling the power switch. It allows me to turn off the inverter when in storage but to turn it on I have to have the Gen running or shore power plugged in. Once its on I can turn off the gen. Obviously not a good option if you don't have a gen. I think it's a design flaw that the TS in the inverter doesn't work correctly. This is my second unit with the same outcome. But at PS4 it work fine for me.
How do you program for PS4?
SteveandMona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 08:38 AM   #10
SteveandMona

M.O.C. #32322
I found the answer to the inverter not working issue. It took a lot of Google searches and scratching my head with frustration.
If you have the CSW2012-HX inverter you need to make sure you have the right manual. The manual I received with my Montana High Country 295RL is the CSW2012 manual. If that is the manual you have throw it away!
The correct manual is the CSW2012X along with an addendum for the CSW2012-HX.
So here is the fix to the inverter problem: The remote display unit indicated that the inverter was disabled (PS0). You can change the setting to PS1 using the remote display unit. Follow the instructions in the CSW2012X manual in section 3.
http://magnum-dimensions.com
There's your link for Magnum Dimensions for the manuals.
SteveandMona is offline   Reply With Quote