Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-10-2023, 12:58 PM   #1
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Magnum Dimensions Inverter

Recently after picking up my rig from the dealership I discovered during the precheck that the inverter wasn't working. I went into programming and found that it was programmed PS0 or disabled. It was programmed PS1 when I dropped it off. I reprogrammed it to PS1 and it worked. I've spoken to the dealership several times and it turns out that they had a power surge during the time my rig was there killing their Keurig and alarm system. This is about the only thing we can attribute it to. I recently heard another MOC member mention the same thing after returning from the dealer. Thought I'd share.

Old 01-10-2023, 03:52 PM   #2
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Tony i remember a while back you were looking at upgrading from a surge protector to an EMS. I hardwired ours so that it would always be in use and not walk off when we are away from camp. I'm curious now because we too are currently still utilizing a Magnum Dimensions inverter.
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 06:13 PM   #3
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Yes I bought the Bulldog but it wasn't being used at the dealer. Now I see the advantage of a built in. I'll cable it to the power ped.