Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > TIRES, Montana Tires
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2015, 08:17 AM   #1
Former StClairSailor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17151
Goodyear g614 LT235 / 85 R16

For those with a Discount Tire Center in your area, subject tire is selling for $285.00 ea plus mounting and balancing. Just had mine installed. NOTE: Make certain they pressurize all the tires to your requested PSI. lol

John & Laura___& Bentley
2017 Montana 3950BR
2015 GMC Sierra Denali Dually
Former StClairSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:33 AM   #2
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Former StClairSailor

For those with a Discount Tire Center in your area, subject tire is selling for $285.00 ea plus mounting and balancing. Just had mine installed. NOTE: Make certain they pressurize all the tires to your requested PSI. lol

Thats a great price compared to some. That now puts it only about $100.00 PER tire more then the Sailun S637
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 09:47 AM   #3
Former StClairSailor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17151
The Sailun S637 would also have been a good option, but there are no dealers in SE Michigan.

John & Laura___& Bentley
2017 Montana 3950BR
Old 12-21-2015, 02:11 PM   #4
Dam Worker
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17164
Doesn't Goodyear sell Chinese made tires in their lineup? If not I am sure they are like most USA corporations that hardly pay their CEO or upper management living wages. Yes I buy made in the USA when I can and some times I even buy ammo that might not have been made in the USA.

I am happy to see that Laura and John were able to at least get a more reasonable price on their purchase of the 614's at Discount Tire.

Tom Marty
Old 12-21-2015, 02:42 PM   #5
Former StClairSailor
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17151
Those who know me, understand there aren't many more American than I. I meant this thread in the spirit of this forum, to help and serve fellow Montana owners, not for political sentiment. Those type of statements belong on social media. However, I do look forward to reading the enthusiastic patriotic rhetoric there. Air Cav.

John & Laura___& Bentley
2017 Montana 3950BR
Old 12-21-2015, 02:58 PM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Yes, thanks for the info. Those of us who would rather pay more for the 614's appreciate the heads up.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 03:29 PM   #7
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
Hmmm, I one day I'll have to check where my Maxxis tires are made. It's shown as two characters in the Manufacturing code on the tire sidewall. I got my Maxxis from Discount Tire Center for a little over $200 each and thought I did pretty good pricewise. Got all five replaced and have had them for a couple or three years. They are doing well and I am real careful with them (checking psi, driving careful, etc.)
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 04:23 PM   #8
bigskyjimmy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10696
SSSHHHHH.. keep this on the Down and Low from NRA-Girl they are owned by Cheng Shin Rubber Co. and made in Thailand and a Dang good tire
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Art-n-Marge

Hmmm, I one day I'll have to check where my Maxxis tires are made. It's shown as two characters in the Manufacturing code on the tire sidewall. I got my Maxxis from Discount Tire Center for a little over $200 each and thought I did pretty good pricewise. Got all five replaced and have had them for a couple or three years. They are doing well and I am real careful with them (checking psi, driving careful, etc.)
Old 12-22-2015, 02:41 AM   #9
jcurtis934
Montana Master

M.O.C. #13740
Goodyear with a chinese tire in their product line....hummmmmm, let me see, goodyear marathon comes to mind. John
Old 12-22-2015, 03:44 AM   #10
scattershot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5329
Bottom line is, Chinese tires are junk. Even though American tires may cost more, the peace of mind is worth it.
scattershot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 08:42 AM   #11
fauch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #11342
I know that if we get too carried away with this global-eco-political conversation, the moderators will close the thread. As consumers we are becoming more and more limited on how many products we can purchase that are made in the USA. The name of the game in deregulated capitalism is to earn the highest margins possible at lowest cost possible. If you watch the SHARK TANK, you have witnessed the 'sharks' asking upcoming entrepreneurs if they have looked into getting their products made in Asia.

As consumers we can do our best to buy American, but the harm to what was once 'healthy capitalism' starts with not providing jobs to the consumer base that you depend on. There are many books written by many economic scholars on this principal. I keep a list of USA manufacturers in a file on my computer and buy from that list as often as I can. That list gets smaller every time i research it to do updates. Toyota, Nissan, BMW, and others (including FORD) know the drill! They all built manufacturing plants in the US while Chrysler and GM were borrowing money from us (taxpayers) and building plants in Mexico.

While what we do as consumers does make a difference, Incentives for manufacturers to move plants overseas is the basis for one of the most significant impacts to our economy. Some good articles here about how some of our corporations are changing this ( i read the book 22 years ago, greed interrupted the message getting to the folks that make the change: https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
fauch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2015, 12:39 AM   #12
The Bone
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #17521
Weather Goodyear's are made in the USA or not doesn't matter to me. I had a set on my car new from the factory and they were crap. One separated on the inside about 3/4 the way around. Service guy found it during a oil change. Had another tire same car same set of tires wear out on the inside edge. Thought it was a alignment problem. It was out 2 degrees. I will never buy another set of Goodyear's for anything.
The Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 03:30 AM   #13
Chipf2
Established Member

M.O.C. #13493
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by The Bone

Weather Goodyear's are made in the USA or not doesn't matter to me. I had a set on my car new from the factory and they were crap. One separated on the inside about 3/4 the way around. Service guy found it during a oil change. Had another tire same car same set of tires wear out on the inside edge. Thought it was a alignment problem. It was out 2 degrees. I will never buy another set of Goodyear's for anything.
I have shared the same kind of issues with Goodyear tires, both on my vehicle and trailers. Had 5 SRA's separate over two years, Goodyear would prorate the tires for replacements, which also separated. Tires on the RV, boat trailer, livestock trailer, & utility trailer have all had issues with Goodyear's. I am done with them.
I would love to have a made in USA alternative. I am a retired veteran with 26 years & have put in my time, blood, sweat, & tears to give us the freedoms we have to include choice (and are loosing-but that is for another forum.) Please, someone, make quality USA built tires that will hold up to our usages and travels. By the way, I wear USA built New Balance running shoes & hiking boots!
Chipf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 09:13 AM   #14
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
I buy what I need when I need it at the best price and quality I can afford. It is not my fault USA out sources products no one asked for my opinion and I do not recall voting on the subject.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote