Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > It's a Dirty Job but Someone has to do it!
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2021, 05:11 PM   #1
Lewynn
Established Member

M.O.C. #28266
Asian Beatles!

We have a brand new Montana high country and also a hunting camper on our property in Georgia and these Asian beatles are driving me insane! Surely somebody has come up with a solution for these pesky bugs! Help! They're so bad in the hunting camper that we've just come out of that completely but cannot have anyone come stay and my whole vacation has been nothing but killing beatles getting through the slides..I can keep ants and mice out but not these?!?

Lewynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 05:20 PM   #2
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Lol yeah, they were pretty bad here in Oxford ms where I’m working for a few months. Now the cooler weather is here I only see a few now and then. I sprayed Spectracid bug spray around the door frame. Other then that a fly swater

2018 Ram 3500 MegaCab 4x4 Aisin, 4:10 Gears
Titan 50 Gal Tank, Air Lift Wireless Bags
2017 3160 RL
DadsHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2021, 05:23 PM   #3
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Ace Hardware, has the spray that kills them, we have been vacuuming them up for several hours a day since we left Tennessee in route to Florida. They are worse this year than any time in the past.

Happy trails.
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 03:08 PM   #4
Bad Moon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18546
Are these the things about the size and shape of a pumpkin seed? We got infected with them after staying at Champoeg State Park in Oregon about 5 years ago, and we could NOT kill them. They finally died off after a few years, probably from old age. Every once in awhile a dead one pops up. Good luck.
Old 12-22-2021, 07:18 PM   #5
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
A few years ago we had problems with Stink Bugs, that is more horrible than the beetles. But I found a solution that worked pretty well, and ever since, we've not had any kind of infestations like that since

I picked up a 4 pack of those Raid Bug Bombs from Dollar General. I made sure everything in the camper was put up (like food and dishes) and then set 3 of them inside the camper and the forth in the underbelly behind the pass through wall. I set them all 4 off and stayed out of the camper for about 2 hours. We wiped down the counters, changed the bed linens, and swept up the dead bugs. And then an hour later, we swept again. And an hour after that we swept again, and then the next day we swept again. They were all dead and we did not see any living ones crawl around.

They were dying as fast as they came in through the cracks and wherever they came in. Oh, I also turned on the air conditioner fan when I did this so the bug bomb would reach inside the air ducks in the ceiling and if there were any leaks in the air ducts, it would also send the spray into the cavity of the attic.

I waited 10 days and then repeated again. I waited 10 days and repeated a third time. We never found live one's again. We only found an occasional dead one after that.

The next year, I repeated again. And once a year I repeat now. Then end result is.... wherever they were coming in is now treated with the bug killer and they have to pass through it, which kills them.

It's now been over 3 years and at most, we'll find a new dead stink bug, an occasional dead spider, and sometimes, a dead ant. We've never had beetles inside the camper, although sometimes, we have had the camper covered with lady bugs. They don't come inside.

It's a very simple solution, but when you set off the bug bombs, make sure your air conditioner fan is running to help circulate the bug bomb chemical into areas a spray aerosol will never reach.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 03:38 PM   #6
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
I kill both with same spray from Amazon
HARRIS Asian Lady Beetle, Japanese Beetle, and Box Elder Killer, Liquid Spray with Odorless and Non-Staining Extended Residual Kill
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2021, 03:40 PM   #7
Ram Montana High Country
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19944
Make sure to spray inside/out, basement/garage, under nose and on the ground. Then vaccum
Ram Montana High Country is offline   Reply With Quote