Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-11-2023, 09:28 AM   #1
JPMills

M.O.C. #32855
New member and I need some help! Thank you all

Hello all! I am new hear and have trade a few threads about electrical issues that were very informative. I’m still having an issue with my RV though.

I have a 2005 Keystone Montana fifth wheel, 38ft with 3 slides. I’m not sure other than this what model it is. The issue I am having is half of my outlets, 2 of the lights, and the fan in the living room area are all not working. 2 nights ago in the middle of the night the power all went out. I’m the morning I noticed that the shore power plug was loose. I unplugged it and reply moved it and tightened the plug nut and the power came back on. That’s when I noticed that half of the outlets and other items didn’t work.

I have checked all the breakers(yes I flipped them all off them back on again), I have checked all the fuses, I tested, and reset both GFCIs, and even replaced one GFCI that the test light wasn’t working on. I assumed that was the issue. Well it’s not.

The thing that gets me is that I made sure to turn off the breaker to where that GFCI outlets runs from to avoid a shocking experience when replacing the GFCI. After turning the breaker back on to check the GCFI, it wasn’t working. Then I tested the outlet with a meter and there was no power running to it at all. I made sure to turn the breaker back on, and test with a meter again and nothing.

This makes me think that the power issue might be at the breaker box somewhere?

Thank you for all your help.
JPMills is offline   Reply With Quote