Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2021, 06:41 PM   #1
Mmsamm

M.O.C. #21652
High Country front landing gear motor etc.

Hi all,
I have a 2012 high country. I can raise my front landing gear but it just makes a clicking sound when I try to lower them. First could this be a battery problem?
Also do I have to match my motor if I'm putting on a second motor? Probably a dumb question but what do I know. Thank you in advance.

Mmsamm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 07:09 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Raising the legs use the weight of the RV to help. But extending the leg has to work much harder as it is fighting the RV weight. You have the classic signs of a broken shear pin (easiest to fix) to a stripped gear in the leg assembly. I have no idea what brand of leg you have on a 2012 HC. Earlier Montanas used legs from Venture manufacturing. They are great to deal with and have replacement parts from shear pins, to gears to entire legs. I think the manufacturer's name is usually under the cap on the top of the leg. I have diagrams of the Venture (which are similar to the others) legs. PM me your email address if you are interested.

While one motor works, if you decide to add a second one it should match the original.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:39 PM   #3
Mmsamm

M.O.C. #21652
I've had the shear pin brake break before and also had to replace the motor. (Was thinking by adding second motor maybe as back up?). Do I need a fully charged battery? I know it's needed for slides. Bad switch maybe?
Mmsamm is offline   Reply With Quote