Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2022, 02:08 PM   #1
ccl
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21513
Florida snowbird campgrounds

Looking for recommendations for campgrounds in Florida to spend the winter next year. I normally winter in Arizona but would like to stay a little closer to home next year.
I am looking for something less than $1200 per month. I'm opened to any area, would prefer by the water but i know those are usually pretty expensive. I am also opened to the panhandle area. Prefer 55+. We have electric bikes so somewhere that has good bike trails would be a plus.

ccl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 03:21 PM   #2
R.S.O'Donnell
Montana Master

M.O.C. #25842
Our son lived FT in this one with his wife and son for a couple of years. We did a couple of short stays visiting him. Very safe (except for alligators in the creek) and close to everything. Really nice bike paths right down US 1.

http://www.pellicercreekcampground.com/
R.S.O'Donnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 08:42 AM   #3
Castner

M.O.C. #32016
There is a campground in Central Florida called Encore Lake Magic. Numerous streets to ride on but no bike trails there. They have a bike club that rides trails once a week. Check it out and see what you think.
Castner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 08:53 AM   #4
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
There are miles and miles of improved, very pretty riding trails in the panhandle. There are many from Tallahassee to St. Marks, to Crawfordville, to Medart, to Panacea then on to Ochlockonee Bay. Just bought 2 ebikes so that DW and I can enjoy them together. We prefer the panhandle vs central FL because it is so much more laid back, life far less hectic and IMO the people are nicer - been coming here for years.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 09:43 AM   #5
ccl
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #21513
Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
There are miles and miles of improved, very pretty riding trails in the panhandle. There are many from Tallahassee to St. Marks, to Crawfordville, to Medart, to Panacea then on to Ochlockonee Bay. Just bought 2 ebikes so that DW and I can enjoy them together. We prefer the panhandle vs central FL because it is so much more laid back, life far less hectic and IMO the people are nicer - been coming here for years.
any recommendations for campgrounds.
ccl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2022, 09:55 AM   #6
sourdough
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccl View Post
any recommendations for campgrounds.
I'll PM you.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 01:25 PM   #7
mleeder
Established Member

M.O.C. #20360
Nature Coast RV Resort

Send me your email. We own a lot here and will not be here next winter.

rv@leeder.us
mleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 02:07 PM   #8
Alain L.
Established Member

M.O.C. #21390
Check Madison RV and Golf if you like to golf.

Alain Lacroix - Ottawa Ontario
2020 GMC Denali DRW
2021 Montana 3781RL Legacy
Alain L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 02:31 PM   #9
Nkcollier

M.O.C. #21884
Lightbulb Florida options

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccl View Post
Looking for recommendations for campgrounds in Florida to spend the winter next year. I normally winter in Arizona but would like to stay a little closer to home next year.
I am looking for something less than $1200 per month. I'm opened to any area, would prefer by the water but i know those are usually pretty expensive. I am also opened to the panhandle area. Prefer 55+. We have electric bikes so somewhere that has good bike trails would be a plus.
I’m not sure if you are specifically looking for the beach, but if you would consider the interior, there is a wonderful private 55+ community outside of Sebring, FL in the little town of Lorida. It is located on Lake Istapoka which is a great fishing lake and has a nice campground in addition to a subdivision. It is called Palm Estates. My parents have a home there. It is such a great community of people. The submission area is nice and flat for bike riding and there are several other roads you can extend your riding. The best part is….b3cause it is a Christian privately owned it is around 500/month or less. I cannot remember the exact camping rate but it is really inexpensive. They have weekly coffee hours, many pot luck pitch ins, crafts at their hobby house, and a very nice heated screened in pool. Definitely worth checking out.
Nikki Collier
Nkcollier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 05:00 PM   #10
DieselGeezer

M.O.C. #12364
Talk about a small world! I haven't read posts on this site for yrs but tonight I did because of your post about snowbird campgrounds. I also read Nkcollier's reply. As it turns out I live in the park during the winter months that she described. I know her father & mother, we are great friends. In fact, they are the reason we came here originally many yrs ago. If you are interested, PM me & I can give you the currents monthly rates & more information about the area. We also have electric trikes but the area is very flat & most all of our neighbors have regular pedal bikes & trikes. DieselGeezer
DieselGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 02:34 PM   #11
Jim in Halifax
Established Member

M.O.C. #28988
We used to stay at Sun N Fun outside Sarasota for 10+ years.....Under new ownership and $$$$ have increased enormously with many new rules...It is a resort....Many people have left and not returning....they only want 3 month reservations.......Many permanents have sold out their units with a % going to S N F....Will not be going back!!!!!!!!!
Jim in Halifax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2022, 05:01 PM   #12
DadsHemi
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20472
Emerald Beach RV Resort in Navarre Beach, there is a couple of RV places. We stay at Emerald because it has a nice private beach.

2018 Ram 3500 MegaCab 4x4 Aisin, 4:10 Gears
Titan 50 Gal Tank, Air Lift Wireless Bags
2017 3160 RL
DadsHemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 02:45 PM   #13
Our3231CK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20364
We would like to visit Encore Miami Everglades RV park in April and wondering which is the best route to take from Orlando FL? Get to I95 and take it all the way or is FL98 and 27 an option pulling the Montana?
Appreciate any advice, who has traveled these roads
Our3231CK is offline   Reply With Quote