Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2022, 09:40 PM   #1
bobt231

M.O.C. #30793
Lippert Leveling/Hydraulic System Overload Issues

Greetings to all. My wife and I purchased an 18 month old 2020 Legacy 3120 RL. Love the coach and here comes the issue.

In January we went camping. When I was putting the slides in, one would go in about half way, then stopped and everything in the coach went out. No lights, the In Command system was dark. About 30-45 seconds later the power comes back on, In Command reboots and slides were able to go in. When I went outside, hooked up and used the control panel to go to "all jacks up", the system started to work, but the jacks would go up about 2-3 inches and stop, similar to what happened with the slides, but after the system resets, I had to use the manual mode to get all six jacks up to their starting point. We made it home and made an appointment with service dealer.

To make this a bit shorter, after diagnosis they are saying that the reason there was an "overload" was that something in the system that had "come apart" and caused something, rubber or metal, to enter the system and that was causing a system overload. Their fix? To replace all six leveling jacks, the vertical pump/motor and two slide rams. I will not put the price in here but you can guess.

Has anyone had anything like this happen to your Lippert systems? And if so what were the reasons? Thank you.
bobt231 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert hydraulic system, lippert leveling system