Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2024, 10:56 AM   #1
MandK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #28430
Rust behind shower bar

The other day after using the shower I noticed a rusty water seep coming from behind the lower shower bar attaching point. I removed the screw cover to find trapped water stained with rust from steel screws. I removed the bar to clean things up. I reattached it, this time using a beding of sealant around the screw holes and stainless screws. I also filed a notch in the bottom of the screw cap to let water drain out. I am guessing it took this long for the water to seep out the bottom because until the rust particles filled the holes around the screws, it just seeped through the screw holes into the cavity behind the shower. No sealant was used at all. The covers slide off easily to take a look to see if you need to do this repair.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5281.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	16771  

MandK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2024, 03:08 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
We were in our rig full time less than a year when i noticed rusty water coming from the shower bar hardware. I ended up getting stainless steel screws for not only the shower bar but also to replace the screws holding the sliding shower door hardware to the shower walls.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote