Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2020, 12:39 PM   #1
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
HamMer TimE

So just got back from a short trip to Lancaster Pa. and noticed on my post trip inspection that the camper was leaning to one side. After a visual inspection I found this with the MoRryde 4000 suspension. The rubber gave up on a 1.5 year old system and drove it self out of the bottom to create the lean. (blow up pic for better view)
Checked the other side an it has many cracks in the corners and looks like it is getting ready to fail. Called MoRryde and the little mouse on the phone said we will send you another but small cracks are normal on the other side. I asked her when small cracks get bigger what size are we talking about so I can keep an eye on it, no answer, in other words when it fails that`s how big, on the road, at night, in the rain, 90 miles from any town, just about caused an accident at 65 miles an hour with now misaligned tires and the tread being scuffed off at 1/32 at mile.
They haven`t decided if they are going to replace just one of both as it got kicked up stairs to an engineer for the decision.
If it`s just one then I`ll tell them here is my credit card number to buy another so I don`t have to worry about it for awhile. Next it will be "sorry Sir they are only sold in sets", but then I`ll have a spare for that on the road repair. Wonder if anyone else has had this failure?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0188.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	236.0 KB
ID:	6915   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0191.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	170.2 KB
ID:	6916  

F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 01:34 PM   #2
dieselguy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3085
Although I had the Mor Ryde LRE 4000 suspension which is of virtualy the same design as yours ... I too experienced failure early on.
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=55908
There is an online pictorial from Mor Ryde as to what kind of cracks begin to cause concern for the LRE, so I'd guess there is for the SRE as well.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 06:47 AM   #3
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
mUSt bE spECial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselguy View Post
Although I had the Mor Ryde LRE 4000 suspension which is of virtualy the same design as yours ... I too experienced failure early on.
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=55908
There is an online pictorial from Mor Ryde as to what kind of cracks begin to cause concern for the LRE, so I'd guess there is for the SRE as well.
Thank you for the post and information, this is what I was looking for. I will replace the other one to even if I have to pay for it the cracks look scary to me and really don`t want a failure on the road. Like Keystone it depends on who you talk to at these manufactures, the new group of hires haven`t got a clue.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 07:25 AM   #4
DanandBrenda
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21176
Mine failed after about two years on the road had it changed by truck repair shop. MorRyde overnited new part and reimbursed us for repairs.