Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-03-2021, 07:44 PM   #41
Willjim
Established Member

M.O.C. #26306
Well this should be interesting. Brand new 3913MS bought April, 2020.
1. Day 3 Hydraulic pump motor failed. Had to have Pump assembly replaced.
2. Bathroom sink was so small could not wash hands. Bought new porcelain sink and high rise faucet on Amazon @100.00 for both. Installed myself
3. Driving through downtown Atlanta the entire left side metal wrap had blown out like a sail on a boat. They call it a J wrap. Been on back order for 7 months.
4. Heater furnace will not come on because the blower will not run long enough to vent. Replaced sail switch twice. Now it shows an internal fault.
5. Shower head on slide pole would not stay up. Had to fix myself.
6. Roller shade beside sofa won’t raise up.
7. Awnings making binding noise and popping when retracted.

Kinda tired of typing. I could go on. Not very happy with this 65k P.O.S.

Willjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 07:49 PM   #42
Willjim
Established Member

M.O.C. #26306
I said mine was a 3913MS. Corrected 3813MS.
Willjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 08:32 PM   #43
CAG
Established Member

M.O.C. #24811
Great idea on that stupid door. Slides might work.
There Is a living room switch behind the door while all the other switches are in the living room... Also the hall switch behind the door.

I did the garden house extension for the fresh water and put a piece of flexible foam in the circle opening. Works great. I do have a hose end cap for it when traveling.

The Living room skylight not being double pane like the one in the shower. Really?

A coat closet by the front door under that stupid door that can't even hold a coat.

An audio system remote that works with the glass door closed. Mine doesn't at least if you sit on the chairs.
CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2021, 09:29 PM   #44
Ozarkwoods
Established Member

M.O.C. #26357
Quote:
Originally Posted by kowbra View Post
I really like it!
Do you have a link to the tile you used? And was it stick on, or how was it adhered?

Thanks!
Brad
Purchased at Menards.

The tile I bought was self adhesive but they also say you can use dabs or dots of adhesive caulk which I used. Weiss straight sheet metal sheers for trimming worked well. I worked a plastic scrapper under the panel as I pulled. If you look close you can see the double sided adhesive tape lines on the wall in the picture as I was removing it.
Old 01-03-2021, 09:39 PM   #45
kowbra
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26690
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarkwoods View Post
Purchased at Menards.

The tile I bought was self adhesive but they also say you can use dabs or dots of adhesive caulk which I used. Weiss straight sheet metal sheers for trimming worked well. I worked a plastic scrapper under the panel as I pulled. If you look close you can see the double sided adhesive tape lines on the wall in the picture as I was removing it.
Awesome, thanks!
Brad
Old 01-04-2021, 04:57 AM   #46
Frank64
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24370
On our 3791RD the bathroom faucet squeak the control panel door is a head banger
It would be mice to have smart tv’s included instead of outdated tv’s
Wish the recliner’s were more comfortable
Old 01-04-2021, 08:08 AM   #47
shredder22
Established Member

M.O.C. #27200
Just poor quality PERIOD. We took delivery of our 3120RL in late Sept. and still have not spent a night in it yet because of, well ya'll know. Anyway I go inside continually looking for ways to improve or upgrade the interior using input and comments from everyone on this site but the closer I look at the construction and make up of this trailer the more I have to repair or adjust things. Ok they are just little things like yesterday I flipped up the bed platform and the board that the side pistons attach to was separating from the platform board, it was just attached with staples, really!! We have never even slept on this yet, The glass door for the stereo unit does not stay up so you can adjust the radio, just saying on and on. $70k really, shame on me. Thanks for letting me vent but things like this just should not be. I am sure I am one of the fortunate ones because these are minor and I am quite capable of these repairs but some are not as fortunate.
Old 01-04-2021, 08:13 AM   #48
shredder22
Established Member

M.O.C. #27200
Willjim I totally get it!!
Old 01-04-2021, 08:16 AM   #49
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
For me there isn’t enough counter space in the kitchen but I knew that when I bought it. These things are a compromise, more space here less space somewhere else.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 08:23 AM   #50
Byron B
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark7 View Post
Our Montana is getting pretty long in the tooth, but is in good shape and it is all we need for now.

Done lots of pretty cool mods that I should share here someday when time allows, but the one I have not done yet is moving the tank level / water heater / pump switch from the back end of the camper, literally on the back wall (rear galley) where it is impossible to get at with the slides in. What were they thinking! DW has to use the "facilities" somewhere on the road where nothing else is available and I cannot turn on the pump.

Obviously it would be an easy fix to add a momentary switch in the bathroom since the pump is 18" from the throne on the other side of a wall... just hook it up parallel, but I want to move the whole console to a more convenient wall when I get the time. Should be a couple of hour job.
Does your rig have a water pump switch in the “utility center” where you hook up water, drain tanks, etc on the outside?
Byron B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 09:20 AM   #51
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Quote:
Originally Posted by bou0146 View Post
We had a 3810MS Legacy that did not have a window behind the stove, now we have a 3930FB Legacy and it does so the blind is coming down and very dark window tint going on
We have a piece of reflectix in the window for now. a dark tint was what we're thinking about too.

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 10:53 AM   #52
eZAK
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26857
Auto level panel went out on ride home from dealer

A/C ducting, Not up to par! (dealer says it is with in specs.)

Kitchen island in the wrong position! Booth dinette, when retracted,
would rub on the island. Causing the vinyl to tear

Pantry, I agree more shelves and adjustable.

Electrical switch convenience cntr. Agree door, location, etc.

And, YES, of course, The Fresh Water Capacity!!
Stated at 66 gal. (by which the Mfr. is referring to the Whole system)
Useable water is actually 48 gal.
Old 01-04-2021, 11:03 AM   #53
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
Nitpick #1: Window shades that pull apart
Nitpick#2: Hardware that comes undone
Nitpick#3: Over complicated stereo/TV/DVD system and cheap sounding indoor/outdoor
speakers.

Other than that, my wife and family love our Montana
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 01:52 PM   #54
lessteffes

M.O.C. #27053
Quote:
Originally Posted by JABURKHOLDER View Post
Skull cracking door that covers the control panel for lights, slides, tank heaters, etc.
OUCH !
This is so true! We had to postpone a trip by a few hours so we could run to the ER to get stitches put in my head from banging my head on this door!
lessteffes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 03:20 PM   #55
shredder22
Established Member

M.O.C. #27200
Yup I can attest to this also..."Son of a nutcracker" it hurt!!
Old 01-04-2021, 03:54 PM   #56
Ozzie Cozzies
Established Member

M.O.C. #21444
DW acquired a Dream Catcher in our travels. Tied both chains to the hanging loop. Not too heavy - not too light. Just perfect to stop the chain tangles. And besides, it was somewhere to hang it in the rig and it looks good. And doesn’t hurt your head if you walk into it.

Martin & Sue - Travelling Aussies
2018 Montana 3130RE, B&W RVK3600 25,000lb for RAM OEM Puck, 2014 RAM 3500 Laramie Crew Cab LB 4x4 SRW
Ozzie Cozzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2021, 03:56 PM   #57
Ozzie Cozzies
Established Member

M.O.C. #21444
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikendebbie View Post
Nit-pic problem huh? The chain pulls on the ceiling fan bounce around during travel and get wound around the blades. I’ve tried putting a little Velcro strap around both chains and tightened it up like a bolo tie up close to the light fixture - nope...that doesn’t work. Looking for solution to this “terrible” problem.
DW acquired a Dream Catcher in our travels. Tied both chains to the hanging loop. Not too heavy - not too light. Just perfect to stop the chain tangles. And besides, it was somewhere to hang it in the rig and it looks good. And doesn’t hurt your head if you walk into it.

Martin & Sue - Travelling Aussies
2018 Montana 3130RE, B&W RVK3600 25,000lb for RAM OEM Puck, 2014 RAM 3500 Laramie Crew Cab LB 4x4 SRW
Ozzie Cozzies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 05:39 AM   #58
masterdrago
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20587
I have only two nitpicks. The stupid placement of switches. Especially the bathroom and bedroom light switch. I mean really, you have to completely enter the rooms b4 you can turn on the light. I've considered moving them both to the hall wall between bathroom and bedroom door.
Next is the mounting of the mirror/cabinet over the sink in the bathroom. I like to get my mouth close to the sink when I brush my teeth. The danged cabinet sticks out so far that it's a real PIA to do.
And yes, the door to the control panel above steps in hall only got my attention one time to make that fix!
Old 01-05-2021, 07:14 PM   #59
Bstarr
Established Member

M.O.C. #26958
Motion light

I have a Montana 3121 and the motion light in the hallway will just come on in the middle of the night with no motion. Drives us crazy. Why in the world does it do that
Bstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2021, 08:21 PM   #60
mootana
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #15746
Step light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bstarr View Post
I have a Montana 3121 and the motion light in the hallway will just come on in the middle of the night with no motion. Drives us crazy. Why in the world does it do that
I’ve sent you a PM that may help