Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2020, 03:21 PM   #21
paulinbaja
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14041
Ft. Bragg

paulinbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 05:34 PM   #22
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
I'd go out of the country, and without the Monty. Ive been looking at Ireland, Scotland, New Zealand, Canada, and a few others.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:22 PM   #23
Jim Homer
Established Member

M.O.C. #22634
Canada is closed to cross border crossing until at very least the end of September. The Canadian Rockies are beautiful-Banff, Lake Louise, the Icefield Parkway are stunning. As soon as border is open to non-essential travel, please come. It is beautiful here.
Jim Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:14 PM   #24
allenclme
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23676
This is where I’d go

Southern Utah in October. Prefer Moab, Torrey, Capitol Reef, scenic highway 12, camp on abundant BLM land. Also the Escalante area and Bryce Canyon. Highway 12 is one of the best drives in the US. Valley of the Gods off of 191 and then south to Monument Valley. My all time favorite campsite is the north rim of the Grand Canyon but it was closed for construction this summer. September there is best. Only a few sites that will take our Monty’s

Also love the North Petaluma KOA and proximity to the vineyards. We are club members at a few so there is still some seated tasting
allenclme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:42 AM   #25
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Considering the original poster specified a 2 week limitation, this falls directly into our plans for 2 weeks in September.

In the past, when we've had 2 week, we would plan traveling 3 days 'there' and 3 days 'back', leaving 10 days at the destination. Those 3 days driving are planned out for 6 to 8 hours driving time with overnights, in and out and go again the next morning. This also allowed time for road side stops, points of interest.

So, starting from central Indiana, in the past, we have traveled this way to Custar,l South Dakota (Mount Rushmore and Sturges). Another similar trip was to Itaska State Park in Minnessota (Headwaters of the Mississippi River). Other similar trips starting from Central Indiana included (The end destination) ... Charlotte, NC. Another, Port St. Joe State Park, FL. St. Andrews State Park, FL (Panama City), Falling Waters State Park, FL.

Then were several trips to Lousiana, Mississippi, and Georgia state parks.

Last year, we hit several state parks in Kentucky. For a 2 week span, we'd stay at 2 or 3 different Kentucky State Parks during that time period.

In September this year, because of Covid and because of all the unrest going on, and because Indiana has opened up more latitude regarding the Covid "thing", we decided to do 2 week all in Indiana, and re-visit some of the State Parks we've not been to in a while. So, we have 4 Indiana state parks planned out for 2 week in September.

With only 2 week, you've got to figure out what's most important ... the journey, or the destination. For us, the destination is just that ... the destination. Our travels are all about the journey and what we see, do and experience reaching the destination point.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:57 AM   #26
fatcatzzz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #14438
I would be right where I am. A little fishing hamlet on the Oregon coast. Just had the hottest day of the year last week, got to 78 degs.
fatcatzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:57 AM   #27
Gutz54
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jme1990je View Post
We will go anywhere. Plan on actually taking a few months off.
Other than the odd weekend to see family and 10 days we spent in Colorado for Christmas, the wife and I have never vacationed together in the last 7 years. Nothing but work.
This post is more picking everyone’s memories of places they have visited and where they’d return to. There are a lot of very well traveled members on here.
We are open to anything and everything, but some of the best places I’m sure, have been found whilst on the road between set destinations and cannot just be googled.

A few lakes, fishing, good local food, local attractions to see, even just quiet boondocking. It all sounds good to us right now!
Utah is a great place to go--4-5 national parks all close together--and so beautiful--we have been a couple of times just driving but can't wait to go and spend a month in our 3811 and just chill--I'mm like you --just work all the time and just turned 65--time to live it up!!!
Gutz54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 04:34 PM   #28
skippydoo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25725
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfb View Post
Yellowstone is a great trip. Not too far from. Mt Rushmore and little bighorn battle field. We took a cross country trip a few years ago..Las Vegas, Grand Canyon, tombstone, San Antonio, Kenner to New Orleans la. Seen plantations, the ww2 museum, French quarter, swamp boats.. went up yhe east coast. Savanah Georgia, seen boston and the red Sox play. Drove up to the Kennedy compound. Salem witch place.. into new york city. Washington DC. Smithsonian fords theater. and all the monuments. Gettysburg, Fredericksburg, .. went to Maine and had lobster everyday..back thru Niagara falls.. Shipshewana where they build rvs. Great trip..
WOW---you have taken remarkable trips.....Good for you. !!!. Gettysburg area is where I am from..near Lancaster PA.
skippydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:17 PM   #29
Jme1990je
Established Member

M.O.C. #26597
I didn’t explain myself properly really. Once this project ends, we will take an indefinite amount of time off.

I have spent time in glacier, we lived close to Fredericksburg so spent plenty of time there. We’ve almost exhausted south central Texas.

These ideas are a great help though. Adding them to the list and making a plan.
Jme1990je is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:18 PM   #30
Jme1990je
Established Member

M.O.C. #26597
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyg View Post
I'd go out of the country, and without the Monty. Ive been looking at Ireland, Scotland, New Zealand, Canada, and a few others.
I grew up in England. Fortunate enough to see Belgium, France, the Netherlands, Germany, Portugal, Crete, Scotland, Wales, Jersey, Denmark.
Seen plenty of states here, but most of it was drive through on the way to work unfortunately.
Jme1990je is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 04:22 AM   #31
CalandLinda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15948
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulinbaja View Post
Ft. Bragg
The only thing I found interesting at the Fort Smith Army RV Park was good fishing.

Fort Bragg itself is just to big to enjoy.
CalandLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020, 06:30 AM   #32
Jamesb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21011
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalandLinda View Post
The only thing I found interesting at the Fort Smith Army RV Park was good fishing.

Fort Bragg itself is just to big to enjoy.
I’m thinking they were referring to Fort Bragg, California. I was stationed at Ft Bragg, NC, and it definitely wouldn’t be a destination to plot on the map.
Old 12-27-2020, 08:33 AM   #33
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamesb View Post
I’m thinking they were referring to Fort Bragg, California. I was stationed at Ft Bragg, NC, and it definitely wouldn’t be a destination to plot on the map.

I was in the army reserve and was on Ft Bragg NC for a total of 6 weeks two weeks at a time. I didn’t know there was a Ft Bragg Ca.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote