Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2021, 04:06 PM   #21
JackandRuth

M.O.C. #23541
If you get stuck. Campground in Arcadia about 20 miles away could probably get you in. It's n ot complete yet but the sites are big, 50 Amp and the price is not bad. It's called The Ranch at Arcadia Palms. Phone# 863-266-6400. Nice pool and pickleball courts. Clubhouse wasn't complete last year but owner said should be done soon last year when we left. All sites are paver pads. If you happen to go we are on site 9.

JackandRuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 10:22 PM   #22
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Smith View Post
Hi Folks,

I'm getting ready to move, as my wife's contract here in Charlotte NC is over soon, and we were hoping for a winter Florida. We found a campground in Port Charlotte that said they had a vacancy so we put a month's fees down (not cheap, BTW). They said they'd be in touch closer to the move date (Nov1) with the site number. This week they sent us the number, 28, and a campground map. Well, site 28 isn't on the map. So we emailed back and pointed that out, and they responded with another map, that includes site 28. Comparing the map to photos of the campground and google earth, there's no way site 28 is big enough to fit our rig (and doesn't even look like a site). So we went back to them and said, ok, we'll get you in site 26, which according to the map is a 30amp 25' site. We emailed back and said that doesn't look like it will work either, and they said don't worry, we'll make something work. Pictures included here, including google map photo.

Has anyone been in this scenario? Or to Funseeker RV Resort in port charlotte? This is making us super nervous that we'll get there and not have a place we can fit, the campground is fairly small and tight looking, but we were so excited we actually found a spot we could stay for 3-4 months in Florida close to family. Their policy says cancelling will not result in a refund, so we're just nervous about that as well. We can always have our credit card dispute the payment, but we don't want to burn any bridges. We don't have any other leads on a place to stay, we could stay where we are for longer if we can't find anything, but I don't want to drive two days and find out we don't have a home.
Andy, good move finding another place. They don't want to to give a refund because they are obviously NOT a reputable business. You have not signed a contract, you have not received any services. Your credit card should get your refund back, and you should deduct it from your credit card bill and tell your credit card company you are doing so. They tend to fight harder knowing you are going to take the deduction. Keep all your records so you can prove that they were uncooperative and deceptive. They also did not confirm your spot, just wanted your money. I would NEVER send a deposit without first having a solid conformation that I am sure of, and comfortable with. Hope you are happy with your new place.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 07:49 AM   #23
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
I've driven by there countless time and never knew of an RV park there. I'll have to drive in there just for grins.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 11:08 AM   #24
phillyg
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17801
Following up, I stopped in today. It's small, and the sites are narrow, but it did look clean and, if there's anybody living full-time there they don't stick out too much. I wouldn't stay there because it's right on the main thoroughfare, too noisy for me. Maybe a one-nighter if I was desperate
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 02:40 PM   #25
Andy Smith
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25951
Hey Philly g! Thanks for the follow-up! We're up the road at the Myakka River RV resort for now, but we'll probably swing through to check out the fun seeker place for kicks. We got our rent refunded through our credit card because management there stopped returning our calls, texts and emails. We're happy where we're at, there's lots of good hiking biking and kayaking, plus a pool and communal dinners.