Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2022, 12:48 PM   #1
psomers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12724
Dimplex fireplace heat cuts off.

My 2013 Montana with dimplex model NBDF2608 fireplace has started cutting heat off after about 20 seconds. The fake flames continue but blower and heater quit. Turn unit off for sever al minutes and it will again run for 20 seconds. The unit is out and in middle of floor. It has been disassembled and is clean of all dust. The problem is the over heat sensor mounted on the heating element. The sensor can't be replaced and have to replace heater and fan as unit. Dimplex doesn't have the part and wont have until March with cost of $250. Think of just replacing unit. Unit is 26" x 22 7/8". Has anyone replaced unit and what did you replace with?
PS: part number of fan/heater asm is 2000330100.

Paul Northport,AL W4XH
2013 358 RLT Mountaineer
2008 Silverado Duramax
psomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2022, 04:05 PM   #2
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
The new models are equipped with these. Just find one that fits.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Fireplac...SABEgLL4_D_BwE
Old 12-04-2022, 08:13 PM   #3
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Electricfireplacesdirect.com has a large selection of fireplace inserts. Use their search parameters for size.

https://www.electricfireplacesdirect...eplace-inserts
BB_TX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 09:15 PM   #4
rpkittle1
Established Member

M.O.C. #23884
Dimplex 2000330100rp

I just replaced the part in my fireplace. I guess I bought one of the last ones at Mor Electric Heat Heating (https://morelectricheating.com/dimpl...sy-replacement). The price was much better than what you were quoted. Good luck. I also rewired my fireplace so I could install a remote controlled thermostat. Works great.
2012 Ford f-250 King Ranch short bed, 6.7 diesel, SumoSprings, Pullrite slider hitch. Sulastic shackles, 400 amp hour lithium batteries, 500 watts solar, DC to DC charger, 3000 watt full sine wave inverter
rpkittle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 07:27 AM   #5
oeeman
Established Member

M.O.C. #14662
same issue

I had the exact same problem and like you took mine out and set on the workbench and took it apart. Took me a while but after looking very closely I found some of the fins on the heating element came loose and were at a slight angle. They were close to the cut off sensor. I took some screwdrivers and straightened them to match the other fins and the problem went away. I theorized that the airflow was moved enough toward the sensor that it cut out, then it would cool and work again. Have no idea how the fins got misadjusted.

oeeman
oeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 07:10 AM   #6
psomers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12724
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpkittle1 View Post
I just replaced the part in my fireplace. I guess I bought one of the last ones at Mor Electric Heat Heating (https://morelectricheating.com/dimpl...sy-replacement). The price was much better than what you were quoted. Good luck. I also rewired my fireplace so I could install a remote controlled thermostat. Works great.
Yea, you got the last one. I had found that one and there was quantity of one. Should have ordered it as two days later quantity of zero. I wound up getting a 140 Celsius thermal cut out and wiring in parallel to existing one. Should prevent fire if fan stops.
Thanks to every one’s response.

Paul Northport,AL W4XH
2013 358 RLT Mountaineer
2008 Silverado Duramax
psomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 11:50 AM   #7
Kfinnert
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #32153
Another Fireplace Question - I am preparing to replace my Dimplix Fireplace with another due to the issues of shutting down on the higher temp. On low temp it works fine, but when on the higher Temp it lasts for approx 2 minutes and quits. I have tried all of the other fixes, and nothing seems to work!

I have found one that will fit the hole in the cabinet, but want to know if anyone has experience with it? It is a PuraFlame Western Electric Fireplace.

It is at https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...PCIV4744&psc=1

My Montana is 40' from cap to cap with four slides and provides sufficient heat to supplement my heater. The unit does not secure to the cabinet, it sits in place. Does anyone have experience with an insert in an RV that is not secured in place? Or, have a recommendation for another brand?
Kfinnert is offline   Reply With Quote