Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2022, 06:21 PM   #41
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldbak View Post
Unfortunately this is a very common problem. Sorry that you're having to go through it. If I were you I would go up the chain to supervisor or manager and fight for more! A lot of folks here are headed to the MOC rally and I'm sure this issue will be part of the discussion. I was talking to my service department yesterday and they say that they see a lot of this issue that have goose necks. Question, what type of pin box and hitch are you using?
Tony - in reference to the dealer's comment about goosenecks causing issues, was the Reese Goosebox also included in that analogy? I'm only asking because though I really like my B&W Companion setup, the idea of having air cushioning from the Goosebox seems line an appealing effort toward isolating road shock between the fiver and the truck.

Apologies to OP - not meaning to hijack his post.

Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 08:14 AM   #42
bshgto
Montana Master

M.O.C. #16013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-CI View Post
Tony - in reference to the dealer's comment about goosenecks causing issues, was the Reese Goosebox also included in that analogy? I'm only asking because though I really like my B&W Companion setup, the idea of having air cushioning from the Goosebox seems line an appealing effort toward isolating road shock between the fiver and the truck.

Apologies to OP - not meaning to hijack his post.
Only have 1 400 mile trip on it now. Not sure what this means or if it means anything but concerned. I just put a Reese goosebox hitch on the camper. And the front beam that holds the hitch/ pin box seems to flex more with the this approved goosebox hitch. I always had a small amount of flex over bumps and the like with the Andersen hitch (2years) and the Pullrite 2600 lite hitch (1year) using the Trail Air air ride pin box. Even with the standard pin box using the Pullrite slider hitch on a 6 ft. bed there was a small amount of flex to that cross beam. But it definitely flexes more now. The approval of this type of hitch is just because Lippert bought Reese hitch company I mean how could they say it`s not approved. Hope I have not made a mistake in this purchase. It rides very very nice with many good reviews and no boat anchor in the bed when unhooked. I guess time will tell.

What the other guy said about the Hyjack but it just seemed pertinent.
F350 Ford Dually 4:10`s w/bags (payload 5595 lbs) Sumo Springs 63 gal aux tank
Reese Goosebox Mor/Ryde SRE 4000 X Factors Monroe shocks.... real smooth ride
bshgto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2022, 09:29 AM   #43
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshgto View Post
The approval of this type of hitch is just because Lippert bought Reese hitch company I mean how could they say it`s not approved.

Exactly why the Anderson was pushed out.