Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2022, 01:25 PM   #1
RussJohnson

M.O.C. #31894
Furnace problem fixed

We purchased our Montana in Dec 2019, just before leaving for 3 weeks in FL. We never needed the furnace then, nor the following 2 years. Last year it snapped off cold enough that the heat pump was useless, so we turned on the furnace...at least went through the motions of turning it on. It didn't come on, no purge fan, no nothing. We are getting ready to use it again this winter, so I called the dealer I bought it from to get a warranty repair on the furnace. They informed me that they are 6 weeks out on repairs, so I did some "Googling". From what I read, there's a reset button on the furnace...why wiring wasn't run to mount it in the main fuse box, I have no idea. I crack the cover off the furnace, and there's a switch inside...off on one side, reset on the other, and I can only imagine the tripped position would be in the middle. The switch was in the off position, so whoever installed the furnace at the factory forgot to turn it on...holy jeeze. By gosh I have heat now!

RussJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 03:00 PM   #2
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussJohnson View Post
We purchased our Montana in Dec 2019, just before leaving for 3 weeks in FL. We never needed the furnace then, nor the following 2 years. Last year it snapped off cold enough that the heat pump was useless, so we turned on the furnace...at least went through the motions of turning it on. It didn't come on, no purge fan, no nothing. We are getting ready to use it again this winter, so I called the dealer I bought it from to get a warranty repair on the furnace. They informed me that they are 6 weeks out on repairs, so I did some "Googling". From what I read, there's a reset button on the furnace...why wiring wasn't run to mount it in the main fuse box, I have no idea. I crack the cover off the furnace, and there's a switch inside...off on one side, reset on the other, and I can only imagine the tripped position would be in the middle. The switch was in the off position, so whoever installed the furnace at the factory forgot to turn it on...holy jeeze. By gosh I have heat now!
Welcome to the forums! And glad you got heat!
Old 11-01-2022, 06:58 PM   #3
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Makes you wonder how they tested everything either at the Factory or Dealership.
We ordered our unit with an Induction Cook Top vs Gas. First time we tried to use it, nothing, no lights nothing. Lifted it out of the counter and there hangs the power cord, was never plugged in. So nothing surprises me any more.
Old 11-01-2022, 09:49 PM   #4
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Glad you got your furnace up and running. Heck of a find there!
See this was your first post. Welcome to the MOC family and congratulations on your rig. Lots of friendly folks here with lots of knowledge of all things Montana should you need any help. Happy Camping!
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 08:28 AM   #5
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
Russ, glad it is working. Noticed you live in Louisville. My daughter and sil are stationed at Fort knox now. Anyway, next summer you need to head west to Wyoming or Colorado. Much prettier than Florida!!! Come on out!

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote