Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-08-2022, 10:26 AM   #1
fish123

M.O.C. #24796
Replace jenson stereo

We are having trouble with Jensen stereo unit in a 2020 Montana 3121rl. Not user friendly at all and tired of resetting this to work. We use the DVD player some but like the arc feature to listen to tv thru speakers ( when it’s actually working) . What do any of you suggest replacing it with? Thanks

fish123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 11:28 AM   #2
432bartman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26190
We replaced the TV with a smart one, and bought a Polk sound-bar and left the Jenson stereo in place. Now we can bluetooth music from our phones through the sound-bar or listen through the TV.
2019 Keystone Montana 3560RL, 2020 Chevy 2500 HD, Firestone airbags, Air Lift wireless compressor, Curt gooseneck, 20K Reese Goosebox, TST-507, USMC combat vet & retired LEO. Robert, Anika, Breanna, Dylan (daughter-in-law Stephanie). & our Great Pyrenees Layla
432bartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 01:10 PM   #3
WhatExit?
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #28356
Good topic for me too. I looked at replacing it but am considering going with an 8 channel amp and much better speakers - the Crutchfield folks have given me some options including an amp (see link below) and better quality speakers.

I like the features of the Jensen unit but it's dreadfully underpowered and isn't up to doing much of anything in terms of sound quality and combined with the speakers the sound is tinny at best.

8-channel Amp:
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109DSP...L-DSP4086.html
WhatExit? is offline   Reply With Quote