Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2010, 02:15 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Pets

I bet if you hooked up a heart and blood pressure monitor to your arm, the numbers would lower with your pets in your lap.
My Rowdy-cat is purring in my lap, all curled up and comfy on the blanket. When he looks up at me, his paws spread a little and he closes his eyes.
We do love our pets, don't we.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:36 AM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Yes we do Ozz, but the way we show them probably changes significantly from person to person. For instance, Cathy got me a neat Nerf dart gun for my 29th birthday yesterday, so I decided to show both pets (dog and cat) that I love them immensely. Instead of getting upset and berating them last night for hogging the area in front of the Kerosene heater, I decided to be nice and merely shoot them repeatedly with Nerf darts. In the course of being fair and not wanting to show any bias towards animals, I also must confess that I continuously shot DW and both daughters as well. After all at the young, young age of 29, my child-like tendencies are still running rampant through my young, fit body ()!! As a disclaimer, no animals or humans were harmed throughout the course of events that led up to this posting!!! Hee, Hee!!!!
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 02:41 AM   #3
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
Yeah, but were any nerf darts harmed???
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 05:56 AM   #4
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
Ozz, funny you would mention that. I'm sitting here with Little Shiloh (6 month Brown Tabby American Shorthair) in my lap. Likes to curl up there when she isn't walking across the keyboard or standing in front of the monitor.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:05 AM   #5
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Most decisions around our household revolve around our attack cocker, so I guess that means we love her...she certainly seems to love us!
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 07:08 AM   #6
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
Hey Ozz, I wonder what that blood pressure machine would register when you come home and find your furry buddy has been playing in the trash - as in all over the house?
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:22 AM   #7
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Michelle, I made the mistake of buying a big touch-screen H.P. monitor/computer. The Sparkster walks on the keyboard also, but he drags his tail across the screen and I get the weirdest things on the computer. Around dinner time he is a real pest...

Old 12-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #8
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Tom S.

Hey Ozz, I wonder what that blood pressure machine would register when you come home and find your furry buddy has been playing in the trash - as in all over the house?
Like kids, we take the good with the bad. Sparky takes all the Bows off the Christmas presents... we put them back on, teeth marks and all.
Old 12-15-2010, 11:49 AM   #9
CamillaMichael
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10246
Ozz, the "bow" thing might be a hint the bows were not on correctly...???
CamillaMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 12:18 PM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
I could have riveted them on, The Sparkster would find a way to get them off.
He opens doors around here.. He could have not been approving of the way we had them on I guess. Or the colors??
Old 12-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #11
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bncinwv

Yes we do Ozz, but the way we show them probably changes significantly from person to person. For instance, Cathy got me a neat Nerf dart gun for my 29th birthday yesterday, so I decided to show both pets (dog and cat) that I love them immensely. Instead of getting upset and berating them last night for hogging the area in front of the Kerosene heater, I decided to be nice and merely shoot them repeatedly with Nerf darts. In the course of being fair and not wanting to show any bias towards animals, I also must confess that I continuously shot DW and both daughters as well. After all at the young, young age of 29, my child-like tendencies are still running rampant through my young, fit body ()!! As a disclaimer, no animals or humans were harmed throughout the course of events that led up to this posting!!! Hee, Hee!!!!
Bingo
Bingo, I got a call from PETA today asking for your address. I disaavowed any knowledge of knowing you. But I think they are looking for you.

Jim, You are correct, many animals are used as therapy dogs that visit folks in care facilities and do help lower blood pressure and do alot more for folks. Of Course, when my 20 lb cat jumps in the middle of my lap, (if you catch my drift), my BP usually goes up a few hundred points...
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:32 AM   #12
CasaDelSol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8563
My top 2 favorite sounds are a baby giggling and a cat purring. Brings joy to my heart!!
CasaDelSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 01:44 AM   #13
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CasaDelSol

My top 2 favorite sounds are a baby giggling and a cat purring. Brings joy to my heart!!
I'm with you on this one
Old 12-19-2010, 09:37 AM   #14
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
I received the following from a good friend shortly after I retired and said it would be me soon and thought I would share:

MY TRIP TO BJ’s, (COSTCO, or SAMs)

Yesterday I was at my local BJ’s buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my loyal pet, Biscuit, the Wonder Dog and was in the checkout line when woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

What did she think I had an elephant?

So since I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry.

The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.) Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me.

I told her no, I stepped off a curb to sniff an Irish Setter's ass and a car hit us both.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard.

BJ’s won't let me shop there anymore.

Better watch what you ask retired people. They have all the time in the world to think of crazy things to say.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #15
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980

Old 12-19-2010, 10:09 AM   #16
sfish
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10234
Funny! Thanks for the humor.
sfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 02:22 PM   #17
Champ_49
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9045
Send a message via Yahoo to Champ_49
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by mhs4771

I received the following from a good friend shortly after I retired and said it would be me soon and thought I would share:

MY TRIP TO BJ’s, (COSTCO, or SAMs)

Yesterday I was at my local BJ’s buying a large bag of Purina dog chow for my loyal pet, Biscuit, the Wonder Dog and was in the checkout line when woman behind me asked if I had a dog.

What did she think I had an elephant?

So since I'm retired and have little to do, on impulse I told her that no, I didn't have a dog, I was starting the Purina Diet again. I added that I probably shouldn't, because I ended up in the hospital last time, but that I'd lost 50 pounds before I awakened in an intensive care ward with tubes coming out of most of my orifices and IVs in both arms.

I told her that it was essentially a perfect diet and that the way that it works is to load your pants pockets with Purina nuggets and simply eat one or two every time you feel hungry.

The food is nutritionally complete so it works well and I was going to try it again. (I have to mention here that practically everyone in line was now enthralled with my story.) Horrified, she asked if I ended up in intensive care because the dog food poisoned me.

I told her no, I stepped off a curb to sniff an Irish Setter's ass and a car hit us both.

I thought the guy behind her was going to have a heart attack he was laughing so hard.

BJ’s won't let me shop there anymore.

Better watch what you ask retired people. They have all the time in the world to think of crazy things to say.
Now thats funny I don't care who you are LMBO
Champ_49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 06:10 AM   #18
CaptainRandy
Established Member

M.O.C. #11312
OK - Got a question,

Will be taking delivery of a 2011 3750FL April 29th in Casper, WY. We wll be full timing in the Montana in Western Wyoming for two years due to my job before we take off. With us will be our three mini dachunds and one cat. The dachunds are seasoned travelers having traveled with us on a 35ft sailboat throught Central America. The cat, Bobbie, is a new addition - about 6 months old now, was suppose to be an "outside cat" (yea - right!) and is very well adjusted to life with us and the dawgs at the cabin.

Having been raised on a farm with "outside" cats, this "inside" cat thing is a little new to me, with the dogs we will drop into our shipboard routines - but Im a little unsure of the new member to the zoo.

Any suggestions here on how to adjust to having a cat on board????

At home now we have a climbing tower that the critter loves & we have had no furniture damage due to straching & shes great about using the litter box.
Room is at a premium but should we just make room for the tower????

Any other hints/suggestions would be appreciated since if it came down to either me or the cat I'm afraid I'm gone!
CaptainRandy is offline   Reply With Quote