Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 01-14-2024, 02:18 PM   #1
La59morris
Established Member

M.O.C. #30400
Front outlets

Our front outlets on our 3810MS 2018 Montana Fifth Wheel not.working. We checked fuses. Checked all the GFI outlets that we could find. Are there any GFI's outside the unit? We have looked, but haven't found any.

La59morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 04:15 PM   #2
Lhinkle114
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25520
Might be one in your storage or bathroom
Lhinkle114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 04:48 PM   #3
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
Don't know about a 2018 model, but we do have a GFCI in our pass-through compartment.
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 08:34 AM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
This may sound too simple, but did you flip the breakers in your breaker (converter) box. Flip each breaker off and then back on. Sometimes a breaker will pop, but it does not look like it tripped. So, take a moment and flip each one off and then on again. Doing each breaker (including the main) guarantees, whatever circuit those plugs are on, will get re-set.

It's something to try first if you have not done so already.

When a breaker trips in my camper, to look at it, there is no difference. But as soon as you push the switch into the off position, I can feel the difference.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM   #5
drjjj
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5757
I had a similar issue once in our 2007 3400RL. Had just parked at a site that we were going to be at for close to a month. I was about to call a mobile RV tech and something told me to check all my electrical hookups to the pedestal. Turned out someone had walked behind my rig (I saw footprints-the site was "mushy" from a lot of rain) and bumped the cord connection at the rear of the trailer just enough to disengage one side of the 50 amp cord. Turned off the power at the pedestal, made sure all the connections were tight and where they needed to be, and we were good to go. Like most of you, seems like we learn something every time we take the trailer out!
drjjj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 01:41 PM   #6
Maddog
Established Member

M.O.C. #18615
Send a message via AIM to Maddog
In storage there is a fuse box. Don’t know what a the fuses go to, but a friend found one fuse blown so it was replaced and our outlet started working.
Maddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 06:38 PM   #7
GeologyTek
Established Member

M.O.C. #21745
3811 MS Breakers

So, the Domestic Supervisor and I also have a 3811. The breaker box is not labeled correctly at all. Also, we have up to 7 outlets per 15 amp breaker. The only thing that has tripped a breaker at our place is a coffee maker, hair dryer, space heater...etc. One of these days..... I'm going to map out what breaker controls what outlet so I can better balance the load.

Our rig has a Progressive Dynamics breaker panel / 12v fuse board. On an unrelated note, the 12v termal from the batter was wrenched off due to improper stress on the wire. It was pinched during installation and broke loose during travel. But, that should not have much to do with the 120v outlets.

Also! The "outlets" that came with our units are some type of system for mobile homes. They do not have traditional screw terminals for the wires. I do not care for that type of technology. I've been replacing them with traditional heavy duty outlets.
GeologyTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 09:55 AM   #8
Kfinnert
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #32153
I had a similar experience with my Montana. After trying all of the above, we traced the electrical outage to the first outlet/switch on the line that was not providing power to the string of outlets/switches. What we found was a wire disconnected at the switch. We reattached the wire and we had power restored!

This made perfect sense at the end of a long day - 8 hours of running the power outage down. The wire vibrated lose after many miles of being on the road!

Cheers
Kfinnert is offline   Reply With Quote