Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2020, 03:39 PM   #21
Richard Blackwell
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19705
Send a message via AIM to Richard Blackwell Send a message via MSN to Richard Blackwell
It's too bad not all Costco locations carry diesel fuel at their gas islands. I use them when we're on our road-trips IF I know they're nearby AND if they carry diesel. The TSD card seems to be available across the country and DEFINITELY at a lower price/per/gallon than anyone (except Costco)!

2013 3402RL
Richard Blackwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 03:47 PM   #22
Spike
Established Member

M.O.C. #26885
I also have the TSD card and absolutely love it. On a recent trip to Tucson AZ we used it all the way from Washington state, saving .40- .60 a gallon each time. I also love using the high speed fuel pumps of the truck lanes.
Recently they changed a few fees for out of network locations but still the best deal out there.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 05:39 PM   #23
S&SFrost

M.O.C. #25439
They also use last 4 digits as your ID # at the pump...was a bit Leary, but card works great....
S&SFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 06:56 PM   #24
KnA Adventures

M.O.C. #26598
Just used mine at a pilot 2 days ago in WA State.
KnA Adventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 07:11 PM   #25
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
It’s like a debit card. You pay for gas and can get a cash advance on it when you buy fuel. I have had discounts from zero to 30%
Old 11-08-2020, 07:18 PM   #26
Dave and Beta
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #22710
Pilot is not participating anymore so not much or any savings. TA is the best prices.
Dave and Beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 09:48 AM   #27
Route66Rambler
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23433
TSD card is not a credit card. It's an EFS fuel card. TSD extends you the use of the card on their account. You use the card at the pump and they in turn debit your checking account for the funds a day or so later. You can also use the card for a cash advance. The reason they need your SSN (and they will tell you this if you ask them) is in the event they do not get funds from you, they can take action against you to get reimbursed. Many folks have a separate account for the TSD card.
This is a legit trucking company that has been around for decades. They are not out to get your money or steal your identity. They are just trying to reduce their costs for fuel for their trucks. The more fuel they buy the cheaper it is.
They are adding more businesses to their discount network as well. They have listened to the RV community and want to know what they can do to make the experience better.
This is not a scam and there are thousands of RVers signed up. We have used it for over a year. Flawless. Never a problem. If you are scared then don't sign up and don't save money.
If you are content with the few cents you save at Pilot/Flying J then keep that. You can save upwards of .60-.70 a gallon with TSD and that adds up quickly.
If you talk with the nice folks at TSD they will send you a spreadsheet with the stations and the current discounts. They will also answer any questions you have.
They also have a Facebook page-TSD RV fuel card
Route66Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 11:31 AM   #28
Mike639
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #19743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route66Rambler View Post
TSD card is not a credit card. It's an EFS fuel card. TSD extends you the use of the card on their account. You use the card at the pump and they in turn debit your checking account for the funds a day or so later. You can also use the card for a cash advance. The reason they need your SSN (and they will tell you this if you ask them) is in the event they do not get funds from you, they can take action against you to get reimbursed. Many folks have a separate account for the TSD card.
This is a legit trucking company that has been around for decades. They are not out to get your money or steal your identity. They are just trying to reduce their costs for fuel for their trucks. The more fuel they buy the cheaper it is.
They are adding more businesses to their discount network as well. They have listened to the RV community and want to know what they can do to make the experience better.
This is not a scam and there are thousands of RVers signed up. We have used it for over a year. Flawless. Never a problem. If you are scared then don't sign up and don't save money.
If you are content with the few cents you save at Pilot/Flying J then keep that. You can save upwards of .60-.70 a gallon with TSD and that adds up quickly.
If you talk with the nice folks at TSD they will send you a spreadsheet with the stations and the current discounts. They will also answer any questions you have.

Very well put!! I too did my homework and discovered they are a legitimate company. I have told a hand few of people and they seem skeptical because of the business model. To each their own.
Mike639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 12:42 PM   #29
Spike
Established Member

M.O.C. #26885
Just a note...

If you happen to use your TSD card in the state of Oregon you can not pay at the pump. In the state of Oregon you are required to bring your card in and they will actually set up the pump. (Typical Oregon)
All other states allow you to use your TSD card at the pump.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 01:00 PM   #30
Linahtoe

M.O.C. #25803
I can’t use my card at Pilot or Loves in Oregon. I will try going into the station to set it up. I can use it at other stations in Oregon. This was driving me nuts, so thanks for letting me know.
Lynn
Linahtoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:00 AM   #31
Schautzie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linahtoe View Post
I can’t use my card at Pilot or Loves in Oregon. I will try going into the station to set it up. I can use it at other stations in Oregon. This was driving me nuts, so thanks for letting me know.
Lynn
If you are referring to the TSD fuel card they are not excepted at pilots or flying j’s. Pilots and flying J’s have there own discount programs and refuse to except other programs concerning RV’ers.

Schautzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:08 AM   #32
Schautzie
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6179
Quote:
Very well said. Since my Son is a OTR driver and has been for 25 years we were aware of the EFS cards and how they work. When TSD opened up for RV’s we jumped on the band wagon. Any discounts we can get and also help the truckers out there that bring our food, clothing and so much more to us, we are all for.

Schautzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 07:08 AM   #33
DebNJim B
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schautzie View Post
Very well said. Since my Son is a OTR driver and has been for 25 years we were aware of the EFS cards and how they work. When TSD opened up for RV’s we jumped on the band wagon. Any discounts we can get and also help the truckers out there that bring our food, clothing and so much more to us, we are all for.
Agree. Truckers are right up there with military and first responders. They all make this great country work.
I always try to help out the trucks when on the road. Did a little part time local driving when I retired from my first career. If I'm in the left lane freight train and I see a semi in the right catching up to a slow one I will always give him space and flash him so he can pull over and not loose momentum. It's a real nice gesture if you're in that truck. Oh, and BTW if you're in the fuel lane and need to go inside, pull up so the rig behind you can start fueling.
Now I think I'll go apply for that TSD card.
Thanks all for the great info.

DebNJim B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 07:10 AM   #34
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDDilly View Post
The card works great, I have had it for over a year. It is tied directly to your bank account and it is for credit, that is the reason for the information. I think the SSN can be given over the phone when you complete the application process.

If I remember correctly, it is a secured site.
My experience as well. I opened another bank account used for this service only. Normally, I have about $1,500 total in it. They do not have access to my normal accounts.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 09:57 AM   #35
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
My experience as well. I opened another bank account used for this service only. Normally, I have about $1,500 total in it. They do not have access to my normal accounts.

Yes ,either way its a great service, was never concerned about my account.
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2020, 07:44 AM   #36
Dave from GR
Established Member

M.O.C. #21370
Good to know. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:43 AM   #37
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by S&SFrost View Post
They also use last 4 digits as your ID # at the pump...was a bit Leary, but card works great....

the last 4 digits of your SSN are what is needed for identity theft.
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 07:47 AM   #38
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Just because a company has been around a long time does not guarantee that they cannot be hacked. I like the idea folks are using to use a separate account to limit any losses in case a bad thing happens
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 10:31 AM   #39
PSFORD99
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9051
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffba View Post
Just because a company has been around a long time does not guarantee that they cannot be hacked. I like the idea folks are using to use a separate account to limit any losses in case a bad thing happens

I think we are all aware of the risks, probably best that you stay away from getting that card. Its definitely not for everyone. As with a lot of us with Rv's its worth it to have one. I agree ANYTHING these days can be hacked .Our information is out there, IMO more then we know .
PSFORD99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2020, 09:40 AM   #40
Ahdmeyer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #24181
i can get into the app on my phone but how do you get into the tsd web page ?
here https://www.tsdlogistics.com/
thanks
al meyer
3931fb
az
Ahdmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote