Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > PREVIOUS ANNUAL MOC NORTH AMERICAN RALLIES > 2023 Annual North American Fall Rally
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2023, 11:56 AM   #1
kroskes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #27204
My Photos!

For the life of me, I do not have a clue how to change my profile photo or any photo that I post to the proper way! Everything is on its side.

Please HELP so I always don't look like a fool!

kroskes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 12:20 PM   #2
Jay & Bobbie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #32306
From your phone,take pictures in landscape mode.
At least that has worked for me.
Jay & Bobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 12:24 PM   #3
kroskes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #27204
Thank you for that tip .... but for now, I need to figure out how to get them the correct way - I'm embarrassed!
kroskes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 01:00 PM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
What you have to do after taking a photo in "portrait" view is to save them off and re-edit them by flipping them 90 degrees, then resave to a new photo name. THEN upload the new renamed photo.

I use IMGUR.com and upload my photos there after I've resized them using Microsoft "Paint". If you use a photo hosting site, you copy the URL of the photo into the forum post you are making. The photo will come out in portrait view, like this (A photo of my convenience center in portrait view and the second one in landscape view). If you upload to the forum hosting site, it only recognized landscape. That's why its flipping them sideways.

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 01:12 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Read the Thread Why Are My Pictures Rotated? at https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=83314.

A couple of cautions about using 3rd party hosting sites. At some point they (TinyPic, PhotoBucket, etc.) decided to disallow web site access to their free accounts. The MOC lost a huge amount of photos associated with Posts due to that action. This was one reason to host pictures on the MOC site. Additional, the MOC displays a reduced size image which can be exploded for greater detail. External hosts may not have this feature.

I seem to remember that an Avatar photo has to be saved on the MOC site.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 01:27 PM   #6
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Yep, I'm one of those who lost a bunch of photos on PhotoBucket because I decided NOT to pay their premium. That's when I switched to IMGUR.com. At the time PhotoBucket did their nasty switch, I wasn't using this forum much. But on a different forum, I lost a lot of my images on my posts.

Actually, before PhotoBucket locked me out, I deleted every single photo myself. Fortunately, I never use "cloud" or internet photo hosting sites for my primary storage. I keep ALL my photos on my lap top computer and a back up on an external hard drive (actually, 2 of them). A back up and a back-up of the back up. I have almost 500,000 photos now, especially since I scanned photos from my grand parents, and great grand parents families and such.

That is just way, way too many to trust to a 3rd party hosting site. So, I use those 3rd party hosting sites ONLY for posting those photos on these forums, AFTER I've edited them, resized them, and many times, flipped them from portrait to landscape, then they are uploaded and the original are never altered in any way, just copied.

I also keep a copy of every copied and edited photo in the event the photo hosting site does another PhotoBuck screw-over, I can upload to a new site, and potentially salvage old posts. I've never had to do that yet, as I quit using that "other" forum site a long time ago.

Anyway, this works for me. IMGUR isn't a bad site at all. So far, they've continued to be 100% free. But I keep getting offers to pay for the premium service, but for now, free works for me.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2023, 06:20 AM   #7
watsonjones
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18104
For PC users - use Microsoft Paint

If you have access to a Microsoft PC, I have found the Microsoft Paint program is easiest to convert pictures to display the correct way around. Simply open Paint (not Paint 3D) and open the picture file and without making changes, just save it. This will correct any orientation issues. Note, as @DutchmenSport said you can also use Paint to resize the image if it is too large.
watsonjones is offline   Reply With Quote