Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-25-2020, 07:23 AM   #1
Travelin’ Gran
Established Member

M.O.C. #22014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
I am also with the black tank flush anti siphon valve group. Mine was in the wall between my shower and the entry closet, in the wall where my pocket door is. Water flowed out of wall and down the steps. Yours is probably in the wall between your shower and your fridge, where your pocket door is.

I removed my valve and plumbed the lines together. But access to mine as fairly easy thru the back of the entry closet. You would probably have to remove the fridge to access yours. I would do as beeje said.

But in your picture, why do you have a hose to your freezegard connection?
I think you are right.
As to the connection showing in the photo- , this is where DH has our campsite water going in. I think it’s where he was told to put it when we bought the trailer 2nd hand.
Travelin’ Gran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 01:19 PM   #2
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin’ Gran View Post
I think you are right.
As to the connection showing in the photo- , this is where DH has our campsite water going in. I think it’s where he was told to put it when we bought the trailer 2nd hand.
Do you run the water pump to get water pressure? Or do you get pressure without the pump? Just can’t visualize how you could get proper water pressure connected as you are without running the water pump.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 10:44 AM   #3
Travelin’ Gran
Established Member

M.O.C. #22014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_TX View Post
Do you run the water pump to get water pressure? Or do you get pressure without the pump? Just can’t visualize how you could get proper water pressure connected as you are without running the water pump.
Well, as someone pointed out, the winterizing port is on fill., so we are getting water pushed through, even without the pump on. Not the best pressure! I believe DH was told the city connection was just another option for filling the water tank, not the connection to use for parked connection. I found the valve behind the pocket door, between the fridge and shower. I believe at this point I will share with DH all the great information everyone has shared with me as he usually deals with the hook ups and see which option he prefers: leave the flush alone, repair with shark bite and external check valve of some type, or replace actual valve. I wondered if the valve might be accessible via one of the outside panels?
Travelin’ Gran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water system mystery