Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2021, 09:59 AM   #41
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by cgeis48 View Post
The bigger question is: Why do you need repairs at all on a brand new rig?
Bingo!..

dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 01:14 PM   #42
John and Barbara
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #23309
Not only are the dealers bad, Keystone will not back you (the owner) up. I had the same problems with Lazydays in Tampa. They left the awning loose (the screw that holds it in place was sitting on top), The batteries were dead, The bedroom TV was left extended, The hole in roof was denied warranty and many other items (I have pictures that I sent to Keystone) They do not care. The only person that tries to help is Sam. He tried but Customer Service said to take a hike. Service manager at Lazydays is a complete idiot. I would love to see these idiots in a courtroom.
Old 03-30-2021, 05:25 PM   #43
DaveK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23470
I'm guessing that this might be the #1 RV complaint.

Lazy Days at The Villages, FL, treated us well. Tampa's shop was booked into June.
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:36 AM   #44
Timberdoodle

M.O.C. #18244
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Roadrunner View Post
Could some of the problems be with Keystone, I beginning to believe they aren’t as customer oriented as some of the other manufacturers? Been looking on Jayco 5th wheel forum and people speak of better customer service. Also I’m not seeing as many problems mentioned there as here on this forum. I for one will never buy another Keystone, had 2 and both have had lots of problems.
My feeling exactly as far as Keystone is concerned. There lack of caring makes it very difficult if not impossible to full time in their products. I have had many many problems with my 2014 Montana 3402RL. NEVER AGAIN KEYSTONE!!
Timberdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:44 AM   #45
SLB
Established Member

M.O.C. #27261
That's a good question for the Keystone Montana folks! Please lets us all know Keystone!
SLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:32 PM   #46
JLM
Established Member

M.O.C. #24262
Being a full time camper and working in a Dealership. I can tell you the waiting on parts because of covid is true, and being in service it is very frustrating for us to have to wait on parts as much as our customers.
hopefully this will soon be behind us
Happy Camping

Living the 5W Life
2020 3701LK
2017 Ram 3500
JLM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 01:48 PM   #47
DaveK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23470
I can understand the delays for parts.

I disliked work not performed or done poorly by the dealer and back and forth between Keystone and the repair shop.
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 02:41 PM   #48
Timberdoodle

M.O.C. #18244
COVID excuse was not used in 2014.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberdoodle View Post
My feeling exactly as far as Keystone is concerned. There lack of caring makes it very difficult if not impossible to full time in their products. I have had many many problems with my 2014 Montana 3402RL. NEVER AGAIN KEYSTONE!!
Brand new and hit the road. Water pump didn’t pump. Ran but no H2O. Stopped at three different dealers between New York and Nevada. They couldn’t/wouldn’t help unless we abandon our full time home and let them pull the pump, contact Keystone and wait until they decided what they would do. With no place else to stay we continued living on jugs of Walmart water until we could stop at an RV park to hook on city water. There was no COVID back then, just a company that didn’t give 2 hoots about us. The dealers knew there was a bad pump but not good enough for Keystone. NEVER AGAIN KEYSTONE!
It was the same for several other issues. Got to leave it until Keystone approves then wait for parts and then wait until dealer puts them in. I can tell you I have had great service from COAST RV near Myrtle Beach. The shop is in Conway, SC but they have large vans and come to the RV park to fix the unit.
Timberdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:17 AM   #49
Bad Moon
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18546
Never had a problem with the pump not working; my only pump-related complaint is the 100db noise it makes. Wakes the whole RV park when you flush the toilet in the middle of the night.
Bad Moon is offline   Reply With Quote