Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2020, 05:56 PM   #1
Draaago
Established Member

M.O.C. #26128
Furrion Oven Removal

Hello all,
Does anyone have any experience removing or otherwise accessing the back side of a Furrion oven (separate from stovetop)? My specific model is a Furrion FSRI22LA-SS, but I am sure there are other models with the same layout. I have no problem getting off the mounting hardware or stainless steel vent grille, however I have been unsuccessful at removing the actual vent itself. It exits the countertop directly behind the separate stovetop (see image below) and seems to be pretty firmly held in place, even without the mounting screws. Without removing the vent, I am unable to remove the oven itself, which I need to do in order to locate an apparent short in the wiring. If anyone can provide any insight into my issue or the general task of removing and reinstalling one of these ovens, I would be tremendously grateful.

Draaago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 06:40 PM   #2
rohrmann
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12947
When you pull up the iron grate of the cooktop, are there any screws hidden by the grate that screw into the countertop? That may be how to access the area under the top and behind the oven.
rohrmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:02 PM   #3
Draaago
Established Member

M.O.C. #26128
I am afraid not. There is nothing beneath the grates that would attach the stove to the vent. Actually, I realize now that the image that I attached is the same stove but not the same vent that is in my kitchen. Please see the photo I took below for a better understanding of the stove and vent situation. I have previously removed the 8 screws that mount the grille to the vent, as well as the two deep mounting screws below for the vent itself. I did speak to Furrion support at one point and she suggested that Keystone may have used something in addition to the standard screws to attach the vent, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get it off without getting aggressive.

https://imgur.com/sjLJj2m

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohrmann View Post
When you pull up the iron grate of the cooktop, are there any screws hidden by the grate that screw into the countertop? That may be how to access the area under the top and behind the oven.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:20 AM   #4
GHallof
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #25098
I had to remove and replace the vent in my 3661RL. In addition to removing the screws. I also had to use a putty knife to gently separate a bead of silicone sealant between the bottom of the vent and the counter top. Assuming yours is the same. Start at one end and gently work your way around. You should be able to feel the silicone separating from the pressure of the putty knife.
2017 3661RL
GHallof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 06:41 AM   #5
Russ&Reen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21546
We're trying to remove it as well. I'll try the putty knife, thank you.
Russ&Reen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 01:20 PM   #6
Russ&Reen
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21546
We finally worked on ours last night. We had to completely lift off the cooktop, then after removing the four screws in the face of the oven we could pull it out to get behind it. We carefully slid a putty knife around the vent and cooktop, and both pulled out as one piece. If you need pictures, I can take them in the morning.
Russ&Reen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 05:29 PM   #7
Draaago
Established Member

M.O.C. #26128
@ GHallof and Russ&Reen:

I was able to get the vent out of there similar to the method described, however I used a butter knife. There was a good bit of some sort of gray putty holding the front edge of the vent to the stovetop. There was also a good 1/2 to 3/4 inches of overlap between the vent and the stovetop, so it really took some prying. But I got it out of there! Now to figure out where the short is

Thanks for your help!
Old 09-02-2020, 06:47 AM   #8
JLM
Established Member

M.O.C. #24262
YES . had to replace mine cpl months after we bought the 5w. its a pain trying to get the stove top up because it is held down by the strongest putty ive ever seen.
you have to remove the screws and the back grate behind the strove top first. you will bend this grate but new stoves come with a replacement. the gas connection (turn the tanks off first) is on the left side of the stove and you can disconnect it from above. then unscrew the stove with the 4 screws in front and carefully work the stove top up. then slide the old unit out slide the new one in screw it down connect wires and gas line and do a gas leak check. stove top has a duct that has to line up when setting the top back on. make sure you get this right as the hot air from the oven vents through the rear grate. takes about 30 minutes and if you are handy it is no to bad....

Living the 5W Life
2020 3701LK
2017 Ram 3500
JLM is offline   Reply With Quote