Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2021, 06:32 PM   #1
CalandLinda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15948
Posting Photos

I hope all have enjoyed my threads in this forum that include photos. I'll not post anymore that are partually covered by adds. The three pictures I posted in the aviation thread are partially covered with adds and I could not find out how to stop them. I don't post to advertise. IMO the pop-up-adds included in discussion areas of forums will cause a lot of users to abandon forums and build blogs. If you're going to have commercial adds in your posts you might as well get paid for them and you can do that by building your own blog.

About twenty-five percent of my screen has adds. If you write something in here about something that is a product or survice, pretty soon you'll them in the adds.

CalandLinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 06:48 PM   #2
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I am not sure what the problem is but it isn't Posting Photos. A better description would be "invasive Ads", in my opinion. Regardless, I am pretty sure it is not the MOC. I have viewed your pictures with FireFox and Chome using ids that were not logged on, logged on, and using or not using Ad Blockers. No ads overlaying pictures. Here is a screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photos without Ads.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	9922

I lean towards a problem on your end.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 07:07 PM   #3
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
In all fairness, I have experienced the same thing. When I click on someone's photo the top right or the right half is covered by the current ad in the top right of this page. It is frustrating and intrusive.

I understand and appreciate that this site is provided free to us and supported largely by the ads. I've clicked on ads that interest me. But this current problem is fairly recent. Is there a fix? Seems a shame to have a key component of this great site ruined by misplaced layering of content.

I'm currently using Firefox in Windows 10. I haven't done any troubleshooting in other browsers.
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 07:13 PM   #4
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Here's an example. I did notice that the top ad did NOT cover the photo as I had previously stated. This one occurred as I scrolled down through the thread and the bottom ad is the invader.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MOC Pic error.PNG
Views:	59
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	9923  
Old 08-11-2021, 07:33 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I see the problem now. The ad seems to remain when you first click on the picture. If you click on it again to open it in its own window, the ad goes away.

I always run an ad blocker and that issue doesn't occur.

I will report this to the support folks and see what they come up with. In the mean time, just click on the picture and the ad disappears.

Old 08-12-2021, 09:45 AM   #6
CalandLinda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15948
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
Here's an example. I did notice that the top ad did NOT cover the photo as I had previously stated. This one occurred as I scrolled down through the thread and the bottom ad is the invader.
Fort Bliss - PX parking lot.
Old 08-12-2021, 11:03 AM   #7
jsb5717
Montana Master

M.O.C. #23668
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
I see the problem now. The ad seems to remain when you first click on the picture. If you click on it again to open it in its own window, the ad goes away.

I always run an ad blocker and that issue doesn't occur.

I will report this to the support folks and see what they come up with. In the mean time, just click on the picture and the ad disappears.

Thanks, Carl, I will be interested to see if they will change their programming to correct. I've also clicked on the photo to open in a new tab but then you can't scroll through the other photos in the same post. This didn't used to be an issue so hopefully a fix is pending.
Old 08-12-2021, 04:11 PM   #8
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I use Brave web browser, NOT IE or CHROME or FIREFOX or any others that regulate and filter your search criteria. Brave works well, it automatically blocks ads and filters out junk, and saves bandwith. I've been using Brave for just a couple months now, and it shows at this moment that it has blocked 30,283 ads and saved 1.71 GB of data transfer with a total time saved on web pages of 26 minutes.

To go to Brave web site, click here if you want to down-load a new browser that works well, is not controlled by Microsoft and does not return ads.

Also, use DuckDuckGo as your search engine, and you'll have the best of both. Click here.

I don't see the ads you are talking about.

Try it.

Now, occasionally an ad will pop through, but never as an overlay on something else. No special hardware needed, and you can control the "settings" on both Brave and DuckDuckGo.

Good luck.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2021, 06:21 PM   #9
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Well I received a response from the Support Staff. It isn't too promising IMHO. You can judge for yourself.

Hi - I've reported this to our dev team and they are working with advertisers to resolve this issue. I am unsure when a solution will be available - janet

Old 09-05-2021, 09:43 AM   #10
CalandLinda
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
Well I received a response from the Support Staff. It isn't too promising IMHO. You can judge for yourself.

Hi - I've reported this to our dev team and they are working with advertisers to resolve this issue. I am unsure when a solution will be available - janet

It's been nearly a month and the ads are still overlapping inserted photos.