Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Forum Help | Announcements | Suggestion Box
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2021, 07:54 AM   #1
TAG51
Established Member

M.O.C. #17978
How do I add a picture to my post?

How do I add a picture to my post? It asks for a URL when clicking the add picture button. What URL?

TAG51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 09:42 AM   #2
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Tony,

When you start the post, use go advanced. To add a photo click on the paper clip to browse your hard drive. Make sure you photo is landscape vs portrait or it will be turned sideways. Always best to do this with your computer. Here is a post that may help:
https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=83314

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 05:51 PM   #3
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
Also read Posts #8, #23 and #24 in this Thread https://www.montanaowners.com/forums...ad.php?t=70323 which tells how to add pictures.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 06:28 PM   #4
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
I created a free account with IMGUR.com and upload my photos there. Then when I click on the photo when it displays, I can right click my mouse and copy the photo URL. I then paste that URL into the chat using the little photo insert icon.

I use IMGUR.com for only 1 purpose. And that is for posting images on internet forums. So, before uploading to IMGUR.com, I copy the photo from my computer photo software and then paste it into good old fashioned "Paint". I click the resize button and then resize by pixel size, so the longest side is less than 640 pixels so it meets the size requirement for most forum sites. After it get's resized I saved the image to my computer desktop (my default location) and then it's just a matter of dragging the image into my account with IMGUR.com.

It might sound like a lot of steps, but the entire process takes about 45 seconds. Plus, I have the images available for posting again, as I do use the same images, if the forum posts match, on different forums, or new postings on this one.

Because they are kept in order from newest uploaded to oldest uploaded. When the resolution size is 640 or less, the file size very small. You've got to remember, a computer screen will only display so many pixels per inch. Anything greater than that is lost. So, 640 works well.

I still have my original photos on my laptop, which are sometimes 10 mega-bytes large. Those are used for printing on paper where you really need the fine detail.

IMGUR.com is easy to use. And once you uploaded your first image, it gets even easier, and best of all, it's completely free.

DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 08:26 PM   #5
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
The MOC didn't have picture hosting capability in the past. You were encouraged to use the "free" sites like Tinypic, PhotoBucket, Google, etc. Then they decided "free" was OK if oyu were using the photos yourself. But you could no longer link a web page to your photos, unless you paid a monthly subscription fee. The MOC subsequently lost thousands of pictures in Posts with no way to get them back. Fortunately the newer MOC software has photo hosting capability to avoid this problem. Hopefully IMGUR will remain "free".

Go back to Posts from 2010 or earlier to see what those photos look like today.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote