Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Pet Palace
Click Here to Login

Old 05-10-2008, 02:54 AM   #1
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Spark-O-Matic

Sparky was crying when I was descending my ladder, I heard this awful meow and looked down, there he was, all 6” of his 3 month old fur ball, huddled by the side of the Pizza place. I was repairing the Air Conditioning, and was on the roof for an hour or so.
I picked him up and held him, he was so cute, dark Grey with White socks. It was at least 98 degrees that day, just miserable.
I took him to all the shops in the small strip mall to see if he belonged to anyone.
No one claimed him, so I called Sue and asked her if she would meet me and pick up our new Kitty. Sue never turns down a new kitty….
Since I was doing electrical work on the roof, I named him Sparky.
In the Odd category, Sparky must be a stand out, he is so strange.
We have a Plastic ball about the size of a Basketball, it has an opening in it that Sparky barely fits in, he will crawl in there, all doubled up, and stay there playing with his tail for the longest time.
He hides and attacks the older cats as they walk by, it reminds me of Kato‘s attack scenes, Inspector Cousteau’s houseboy, in the Pink Panther movies. When it Thunders, he runs and hides, he is scared to death. I don’t know how they move so fast with their belly touching the carpet. We go find him in his hiding place, and hold him with a blanket covering his head. It helps him a little.
We let our 3 Ferrets out to run around on Sunday, for an hour or so, the other cats jump up on something high so the Ferrets won‘t nip at them, not Spark, he plays with them, hasn’t tried to hurt them, he crawls into the grocery sack with them, wrestles around and chases them around the Great Room. They all have a super time.
Sparky would always be around us before the last trip, but not a lap cat, very stand-offish.
We keep the bedroom door shut, to keep the cats from eating the plants in there, that is one room more or less off limits for them, except Spark-o-matic, he never has bothered the plants.
The Bamboo is especially tasty evidently, as one of the plants is just a stalk, thanks to our other little friends sneaking in there when we leave the door ajar.
Sparky turns into another kitty when he gets to go in to our bedroom, he gets so excited, he lays on the floor and stretches, he jumps up on the counter in my bathroom and watches me shave, he rubs against my leg and I pick him up and I get purrs and love from him. No other place in the house is like that one room, for his loving behavior.
The Sparkster was left behind for 2 month’s while we were in South Padre one year, he was just too much of a little monster when on the road. The neighbor came up and cared for the house, she never saw too much of Sparky.
When we got back, it took a few days for him to be sociable. Now, he is the most loving cat you will ever see, his oddity does extend to his preference for sleeping on us, in the evening. He lays up on our chest. If we move him to our laps, he jumps down. He is never out of sight anymore, he follows Sue around, jumps up on the counters and rubs against her, at every chance.
He still tears around the house, still makes life miserable for the older two cats of ours.
I think Mr. Spark is telling us he will be a good boy and wants to go with us on the road next time.
I just may give the little guy a try.
(We did try, he is the best behaved, although still a terror, of all 3 of them now. We would not think of going anywhere without the little monster.)

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 03:27 AM   #2
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
What a great story.

You given any more thought to that book, Ozz?? With Ozz flavor??
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 02:21 PM   #3
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Ozz,

Aren't cats great!! Really wish we were taking the RV with us to Peoria and Branson. We will be putting Alex in a kennel for the first time. I must say I am having some over protective mothering instincts showing up. It really is uncanny, how much Sparky and Alex look alike.

I will be on the phone calling to check on him. Nothing worse than missing your animals.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2008, 07:08 PM   #4
c5racer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #444
You gotta quit letting Sparky drink the Corona.
c5racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2008, 07:56 AM   #5
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
Ozz! What a great story! Cats are so different! Can't help but love them.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote