Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2023, 04:08 PM   #1
swingby1
Established Member

M.O.C. #29073
Slide out adjustment

2011 3665RL

Three of our four slide outs don't consistently close all the way at the bottom. I've taken it to a dealer and they tell me it's not really a problem. They say the open area is below the floor so it doesn't hurt anything. I don't think it was
designed to run down the road with the opening. Occasionally, they have about a 1" gap at the bottom 12" of the slide out. Sometimes they do close all the way and I can't predict when it's going to happen or which slide(s) it will be.
Any idea what is causing the issue or how to correct the issue.
Dan & Linda Lackey
Hurricane, Utah

swingby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 04:38 PM   #2
Daryles
Montana Master

M.O.C. #24086
Download the Lippert NOW app from Google play store. Lots of good info, manuals, TSB, troubleshooting etc.
Lippert also has excellent help desk support.
Phone: 574-537-8900
Email: customerservice@Lci1.com

Here's a link to the slide manual. It shows how to adjust them.
Doc # ccd-0001612

https://support.lci1.com/through-fra...system#Manuals
Daryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 05:20 PM   #3
Lee-CI
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30262
If you decide to tackle the slide adjustments yourself, patience is a virtue! You have to fully understand how the slideouts are adjusted for alignment. Only make minute adjustments, then function your slide closed and back open again.i can't stress enough the importance of patience with the task. Myself and others have adjusted at least one slide on our units. It can be done. Go slowly if you are comfortable with the task and good luck.
Lee-CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2023, 07:04 PM   #4
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Small moves on the slide out adjustment. Too much and you'll tear your lino.
Old 05-07-2023, 06:50 AM   #5
ChuckS
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20949
If these are hydraulic slide outs adjusting the closed position is quite easy ... I would also do a vertical height check ( measure ) before adjusting the retracted position of the slides if they are hydraulic
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 02:54 PM   #6
beeje
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17894
I have a 2011 3455 SA. All four slides are hydraulic probably just like the op's unit.
There is of course some adjustment to them however what I found out is that if you adjust it so it closes on the outside it may not seal when the slide out is out. I don't think it's possible to get them perfect. These are not $3 million Prevost buses.lol
beeje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2023, 12:16 PM   #7
dfb
Montana Master

M.O.C. #17163
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-CI View Post
If you decide to tackle the slide adjustments yourself, patience is a virtue! You have to fully understand how the slideouts are adjusted for alignment. Only make minute adjustments, then function your slide closed and back open again.i can't stress enough the importance of patience with the task. Myself and others have adjusted at least one slide on our units. It can be done. Go slowly if you are comfortable with the task and good luck.
Don't do What I did.. I tried to adjust mine in and out and up and down.. wound up costing 2400 at a shop//
dfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2023, 10:57 AM   #8
Rhortie1
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldbak View Post
Small moves on the slide out adjustment. Too much and you'll tear your lino.
My kitchen slide has started to tear my linoleum because when the slide comes in the weight of it transfers to the front inside and it tilts inward slightly catching the floor. My unit is 3 yrs old and this is the first I’m seeing this happen. Is this a head adjustment issue like I saw on Lippert video ? TIA
Rhortie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2023, 12:07 PM   #9
LeftOverParts
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #32230
In case this helps the OP and others diagnose if an adjustment is needed or something else, I'm posting a picture of what I found yesterday after returning home from a trip and noticing that our main slide is protruding about 1 inch at the bottom of the forward section. This is on a hydraulic slide system and it's the forward gear rack that is driven by a spur gear and shaft. The hydraulic piston is adjacent to the rearward rack.

I also thought it may be a slide adjustment issue but found 3 teeth on the forward rack to be failed. These teeth are at the end of travel when the slide is closed. It appears that this condition prevents the spur gear from pulling the slide all the way in.

I'll open a new thread requesting comments since this thread is about adjusting slides.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Main Slide Forward Gear Rack.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	137.8 KB
ID:	15380