Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2023, 05:38 PM   #1
Vet4jdc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23051
Samsung Fridge - Won't dump ice

We have a 2019 MHC331RL with the Samsung residential fridge. The icemaker has worked fine and all of sudden it has stopped dumping ice. It will fill the tray, freeze and dump once. Then it fills, freezes and nothing. Will not dump a second time.

I defrosted the freezer by turning it off and allowing everything to thaw out. Started over and same thing. It dumped once and now stuck again. Anyone have this happen and have any lick getting it going again?

Old 05-22-2023, 06:42 PM   #2
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
We had a Samsung refrigerator that did the exact same thing. I four years we bought 2 ice makers. Finally got tired of it and bought a new fridge.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 06:20 AM   #3
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Did you try pushing the button on the bottom of the ice maker to make it cycle, like when you winterize with RV antifreeze fluid? If so, try it and see if the water runs.

It's possible you have debris in the water line causing the lines to clog up.

Have you tried disconnecting the water lines and make sure you have good water flow up to that point? On my Montana High Country with my Samsung Refrigerator, I have several places I can disconnect the water line going to the refrigerator. I also took advantage of those junctions and installed valves and drain points to make winterizing a LOT easier.

Anyway, find the closest connection point to the refrigerator and disconnect it, Make sure you have good water flow, up to that point. If so, then you know the problem water flow with the ice maker itself. You've got to start somewhere?
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 08:13 AM   #4
GregN
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6790
I don't know where your ice maker is in the refer. Had a problem with the refer in my house. It stopped making ice. Ice maker is in the door. It would fill but would not dump. After several visit by the repair man under warranty and replacing of some parts, it still would not work. The last repair guy worked on some wires at the bottom of the door and the maker started to work again. That only lasted a short while. Did some research on the internet and found the problem. The wire harness coming in at the bottom of the door is too short. Over time with the door opening ang closing it stretched the wire and broke it. Warranty company sent refund for the refer. I took the door off, extended the wire harness and now the ice maker works.
Old 05-23-2023, 05:47 PM   #5
Vet4jdc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23051
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post
Did you try pushing the button on the bottom of the ice maker to make it cycle, like when you winterize with RV antifreeze fluid? If so, try it and see if the water runs.

It's possible you have debris in the water line causing the lines to clog up.

Have you tried disconnecting the water lines and make sure you have good water flow up to that point? On my Montana High Country with my Samsung Refrigerator, I have several places I can disconnect the water line going to the refrigerator. I also took advantage of those junctions and installed valves and drain points to make winterizing a LOT easier.

Anyway, find the closest connection point to the refrigerator and disconnect it, Make sure you have good water flow, up to that point. If so, then you know the problem water flow with the ice maker itself. You've got to start somewhere?

Water is flowing to the ice maker. The advance button as suggested will not dump it when frozen. When I thawed it out, the advance button would dump the water just fine. It just won't dump the ice when frozen.
Old 05-28-2023, 02:43 PM   #6
dvines
Established Member

M.O.C. #21453
That icemaker is prone to getting ice stuck in the mechanism when discharging ice into the bucket. If water is filling the icemaker, you can eliminate that from your troubleshooting. Can you hear it attempting to dump ice? If not, that's where I would concentrate my search. Good luck.
2018 Montana High Country 321MK
dvines is offline   Reply With Quote