Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-12-2023, 07:49 PM   #1
Cjshade

M.O.C. #32723
First time 5th wheel

Hello there. We just purchased a 2012 High Country 313RE. (It might have been a repo). It’s in great shape, but has no furniture. It didn’t come with a user guide. We are not sure how to operate everything yet. We just keep trying all of the switches to see what happens. We can’t figure out how to turn on the ceiling fan/vent. But we are excited as we clean it up and make it ours.

Cjshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 08:04 PM   #2
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Well then... you have some work to do. Welcome to the MOC! Get ready for the greatest experience yet! There's a lot of knowledge here and all your questions can be answered. Let the fun begin!
Old 05-12-2023, 08:20 PM   #3
Cjshade

M.O.C. #32723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foldbak View Post
Well then... you have some work to do. Welcome to the MOC! Get ready for the greatest experience yet! There's a lot of knowledge here and all your questions can be answered. Let the fun begin!
Thank you so much. Yup tomorrow I will be cleaning and vacuuming. The previous owners had dogs. Though it is really clean, except for the carpets. Everything operates just fine (some things we are going to try until we figure them out).
Old 05-12-2023, 08:54 PM   #4
Carl n Susan
Site Team

M.O.C. #4831
I am guessing that is a Fantastic Fan (or similar) in the ceiling. There should be a rectangular control box mounted on the wall with all the other switched and gauges. If you take a picture and post it here, we should be able to identify everything.

Carl n Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 08:58 PM   #5
Cjshade

M.O.C. #32723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl n Susan View Post
I am guessing that is a Fantastic Fan (or similar) in the ceiling. There should be a rectangular control box mounted on the wall with all the other switched and gauges. If you take a picture and post it here, we should be able to identify everything.
I think I’ve seen the switch. It does t appear to work. We may need to trouble-shoot it.
Old 05-13-2023, 05:33 AM   #6
jimcol
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7992
Send a message via AIM to jimcol Send a message via MSN to jimcol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cjshade View Post
I think I’ve seen the switch. It does t appear to work. We may need to trouble-shoot it.
A common problem with the Fantastic ceiling fan is the lid gets stuck to the housing. A trip to the roof is needed to free/pry it up. Once you get it open clean the seal and the inside of the lid where it rest on the seal, I used alcohol. Once cleaned treat the seal with a conditioner. I always used 303 protectant but have seen others use WD-40 or silicone spray.
Old 05-13-2023, 05:55 AM   #7
Jay & Bobbie
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #32306
Congratulations and welcome. You will find the experience and knowledge here priceless. I'm relatively new here also, so read, read, ask questions, and read some more. Go to Keystone website and register your rig. You can download the manufacture owners manual there.There are several helpful videos available as well.
Jay & Bobbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 07:21 AM   #8
Cjshade

M.O.C. #32723
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimcol View Post
A common problem with the Fantastic ceiling fan is the lid gets stuck to the housing. A trip to the roof is needed to free/pry it up. Once you get it open clean the seal and the inside of the lid where it rest on the seal, I used alcohol. Once cleaned treat the seal with a conditioner. I always used 303 protectant but have seen others use WD-40 or silicone spray.
Thank you so much. Duh. I would have probably taken apart the wiring first. This is a much easier solution. Thanks for the tip!
Old 05-13-2023, 07:22 AM   #9
Cjshade

M.O.C. #32723
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay & Bobbie View Post
Congratulations and welcome. You will find the experience and knowledge here priceless. I'm relatively new here also, so read, read, ask questions, and read some more. Go to Keystone website and register your rig. You can download the manufacture owners manual there.There are several helpful videos available as well.
Thank you! I didn’t think to go to the Keystone website.
Old 05-13-2023, 09:53 AM   #10
twindman
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5651
As for the fantastic fan, if it is stuck on the roof, I think you will still hear a noise when you push the switch. It may only be momentary, but I think it tries to open. If you aren't hearing anything, then I think it is something else.
Oh, I think you can get on a chair/ladder and manually open the lid to see if it is stuck. I don't have a fantastic anymore (Mountaineers too cheap!), so am not 100% clear on things anymore.

Tom and Gail
2013 Mountaineer 362
2012 Silverado 2500
twindman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 07:45 AM   #11
R Bran
Established Member

M.O.C. #31461
There is also a 2amp fuse in those fantastic’s. Might want to check that too. Accessible from a small twist cap on the fan itself.
R Bran is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
user guide