Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2022, 02:39 PM   #1
rames14
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1920
ARP Fridge Defender

Paul Unmack, designer and seller of the ARP Fridge Defender asked that I pass some info along. We are getting ready for travel to Quartzsite and Lake Havasu. I had the Fridge Defender installed by Paul on our new 3230CK this past summer while traveling through Butte. We just started the the fridge this past week and hadn’t put anything in it. It was at temp and we had storms coming and we put the slides in. Today, I went out and put the slides out and noticed power was out on the fridge. Went out and saw the Fridge Defender was off. Turned it on and everything is fine. Temp coming back down. So, I contacted Paul and as usual he responded quickly. We had 65 mph wind and suspected that was the cause. Here is Paul’s response:
Yes, wind keeps the cooling unit from being able to reject its heat due to the eddies that form around the RV.
Please share this info with others, we have been getting shutdowns due to the wind here in CA today.

Maybe this will help others.

Ron and Terrie Ames - MOC #1920/KF0NTA
2021Montana 3230CK Super Solar Legacy Package
2021 Ram 3500 Laramie Longhorn, BIM Charging
4x4, SRW, LB, Crew Cab, Pullrite 3900 Hitch
rames14 is offline   Reply With Quote