Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2022, 05:24 PM   #21
BUBBA-NONNIE
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19549
I have a 2017 Montana. It has friction door. I had the same problem in Lindale Texas. I call a repair person. It was “sprung.” He fixed the problem very quickly and that has been a year ago. Is this the type of door you have?

BUBBA-NONNIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 07:02 PM   #22
Foldbak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #30417
Old 04-07-2022, 05:43 AM   #23
DaveK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23470
Possibly this might help. My MHC 330RL door drove me nuts for three years. Yes, as one said, analyze your strike plate. I did that last February and also used flat head screws.

HOWEVER, the culprit turned out to be the resistance door hinges. We used to have to forcefully SLAM the door to close it. The door might even pop open. After consulting with many, we concluded that the door hinges needed lubrication. I dont think you're supposed to lubricate resistance door hinges, but I got so frustrated that I didn't care.

I generously lubed the door hinges with silicone. Within 3 days, the door closed like a charm. I will say that I lost some resistance in the hinge, but I hated it anyway. Note, the first couple days after lubricating, the door creaked so loud, it was unbelievable. The creak sound went away.

Before you start something complicated, try the simple. It's easy to blame leveling or poor door installation.
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 11:29 AM   #24
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Doug, call Lippert. I found them to be very helpful when I had issues with my jacks being “out of stroke” and I couldn’t figure out how to fix it. I was a brand new “ newbee”. You might need to reset your level memory for your 6 point system. Lippert can walk you through it. Make sure you have all your info like vin# year, model of your rig, etc. Get your owners manual out and read through it first. I have a high country with the electric 6 point jacks as well. It is possible your center jacks are adjusting to high causing your frame to flex in the center causing your door problem. Might be something you can see when you do your auto level and watch how much your center jacks raise up the center of your frame. . Your control box for the entire system is in your pass through on the ceiling so you might have to empty your storage pass through to get to it if needed. I’m not talking about the controls on the wall. I would advise you to get the proper tools now to manually lower and raise you jacks in case of a failure. All this is in your manual. Hope this is helpful. Good luck.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 09:49 AM   #25
judsonmd

M.O.C. #21130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Whidden View Post
When I auto level my 2021 High Country, my entry door is difficult to open and close. Feels like the unit may be in a little bit of a bind. Anyone else have this issue and what can you do about it?
Also, make sure your steps are not set too high binding it at the bottom of the door.
judsonmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 07:39 AM   #26
Fred
Established Member

M.O.C. #26030
Quote:
Originally Posted by team bradfield View Post
I never use the auto level, seems quicker to level it manually, i have the bubble levels in front and side (under the level switches) I also found it to twist the frame in some spots resulting in the door jamming
Same here. The tolerance on the auto level system is too much and it often does not end up where I want it to be. This even after re-calibrating it several times. I press auto level and after that is done I switch to manual and make the fine adjustments.

6 point hydraulic system
Fred is offline   Reply With Quote