Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2022, 07:19 PM   #1
BB_TX
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6433
Exclamation Some things are just hard to comprehend

I posted last summer that we had sold our 2007 Montana. It was in great condition and had several upgrades I had done to it. Fast forward to this week.

A gentleman showed up at our house and asked if we owned a Montana 5er. I told him we had sold it last summer. He asked if we had a lien on it and I told him no, they paid full price in cash. I asked why he wanted to know. He said he owned a local RV park and the trailer had been abandoned. He had found my name by checking the license plate number even though I had gone on the state web site and filled out their form that I no longer owned it. He said it is so full of junk the slides can not be closed. He was getting ready to have it hauled off to salvage and wanted to make sure I had no claim to it.

The couple that bought it seemed like really nice people. But he said he (and some of their neighbors) had had some issues with them.

He said it was not the first time he has had this happen, and probably not the last. He was a really nice guy. And the RV park, while far from a resort, appears to be a clean and well kept place. Does appear to have mostly permanent residents. The joy of being an RV park owner I guess.

To spend that much money and throw it away in less than a year is hard to understand. Never let anyone convince you to finance a loan yourself.
BB_TX is offline   Reply With Quote