Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2023, 04:10 PM   #1
Biggjb
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9851
kitchen sink decoupling

hello all. I have a 2018 3920FB and there is an issue with the kitchen sink. I first noticed the issue when I put the counter insert to cover the sink and noticed that one edge was almost 1/4 inch lower then the rest. When I removed the insert I noticed that one side of sink was actually dropping down and the sealant was gone. I went underneath the sink and found that it is held in place by 4 brackets and really think the sealant also helps. The brackets where the sink has dropped are actually loose. I was prepared to put construction glue where the original sealant was and then tighten up the brackets to see if they bring the sink back in alignment. However, before I do that I wanted to know if anyone else had the same problem and see how it was repaired.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230816_180600.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	181.8 KB
ID:	15224   Click image for larger version

Name:	20230816_174530_HDR.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	122.9 KB
ID:	15225  

Biggjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 04:32 PM   #2
DutchmenSport
Montana Master

M.O.C. #22835
Your strategy is solid. Actually, as far as I can tell, that's the only way to do it.

My sink is the same type and I've noticed the caulking around the edge is coming off. I've been wanting to reseal it, but we're using it too much. Water does drip over the edge (under the counter) and onto the floor under the cabinet if we are not careful.

Eventually, we'll have the camper parked for 24 hours and not in use, giving the caulking a chance to dry. I planning on using a clear silicon and just running a bead along the edge where it touches the under side of the counter top. It looks like, that was all that was there originally anyway.

When tightening those screws, do so gently so you don't strip them out. Mine is installed with a bolt and a wing nut. The wing nut pulls a flat metal catch on the sink upward, holding it in place.

If yours is the same, all you need to do is tighten the wing nut up, but not so tight you break anything out. Of course, put the sealer in the open gap first.

Looking at your photos, yours is slightly different than mine. You might put a shem between the metal catch and bottom of the sink itself to take up the gap. Then simply tighten the screws again. Your is screwed into wood. You can always add more catches, same stuff you'd use in your kitchen in a stick-n-brick house, from any home improvement store.

Good luck. It should be an easy fix.
DutchmenSport is offline   Reply With Quote