Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-24-2021, 07:12 PM   #1
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
Camping World service

I blew a tire awhile back and took out what is called a J-panel. (Lowest Sheet metal behind rear wheels. about 13 or so ft long and a fender skirt. Camping world ordered all the parts and did the job in 1 day. We slept overnight in their lot,plugged in to their building. Contrary to wht most comments suggest they did excellent and timely work. Ins was billed and I only had to pay deductible. We are ready to on our roundabout trip to southern Texas. I just wanted to put in a good world for Camping World. The dealership is in Duluth, MN. I didn't buy camper from them but will consider it if there is a next time.

shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 10:27 PM   #2
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
John,

I have received great service from our Camping World also. Like any big organization some are good and others not so much.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 08:10 AM   #3
Our3231CK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20364
Curious as to which CW you had your service at? We have visited about 10 with various issues as "Elite" members and it's been 50/50 for quality & knowledge of correcting problems. I believe they are independent so it's a crap shoot. Gland you found one of the good ones.
Our3231CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 09:59 AM   #4
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our3820FK View Post
Curious as to which CW you had your service at? We have visited about 10 with various issues as "Elite" members and it's been 50/50 for quality & knowledge of correcting problems. I believe they are independent so it's a crap shoot. Gland you found one of the good ones.
Camping World in Tucson.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 03:39 PM   #5
shovelhead86
Montana Master

M.O.C. #10985
It was Camping World in Duluth, Mn
shovelhead86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 10:56 AM   #6
GreG L.
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #21993
I suspect there are plenty of good Camping Worlds out there, the problem is you don't know until it,s too late.. My experience is 50/50, one good one bad.,
GreG L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 11:07 AM   #7
Montana Man
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21963
I don't think the brand has anything to do with the service. It is the folks working at the time. Good or bad service managers and mechanics can be found anywhere. A good, or bad recommendation is helpful to the rest of us for sure.
Old 09-29-2021, 01:50 PM   #8
Mikelff
Montana Master

M.O.C. #26851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Our3820FK View Post

They are not independently Owned. They are now a publicly owned company with president/ founder Marcus Lemonis holding majority shares. I have also had 50/50 experience with the one in Denton, Texas. They have also gone through a slew of GM's and service advisors. Very inconsistent, so I stick with United RV in Ft. Worth. They are expensive but exceptional service. When picking up RV last week after having some warranty repairs and upgrades, I had asked them to check for a propane leak. The tech said he couldn't find one. I turned on gas and immediately smelled it. My service rep came over and in just a few seconds found the leak. Bad regulator. They replaced the regulator, hose, and fill gage that was missing for free because they said this should not have happened. They also topped off my propane tanks for free. I was getting ready to hook up and my level system had a error code I could not clear. The service manager came out and could not clear it. He got his tech out there off a job he was working on, crawled in the basement lowered the jacks from the controller and cleared the code. All is working great. Again, no charge. THATS SERVICE! If they make a mistake, and like everyone, they do from time to time, they make it right with no push back, just an apology for messing up and fix it on the spot. That's the kind of dealer you want. I did not buy my 5er from them either.
Mikelff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2021, 03:09 PM   #9
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelhead86 View Post
I blew a tire awhile back and took out what is called a J-panel. (Lowest Sheet metal behind rear wheels. about 13 or so ft long and a fender skirt. Camping world ordered all the parts and did the job in 1 day. We slept overnight in their lot,plugged in to their building. Contrary to wht most comments suggest they did excellent and timely work. Ins was billed and I only had to pay deductible. We are ready to on our roundabout trip to southern Texas. I just wanted to put in a good world for Camping World. The dealership is in Duluth, MN. I didn't buy camper from them but will consider it if there is a next time.
Good for you I like Camping World too! They told me they turn over techs because they are willing to train them from nothing then lose them to higher paying shops. They should raise their wages and pass it on, I’ll pay.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:05 AM   #10
DaveK
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23470
I have purchased 2 RVs from CW, but not again. My service experience was horrible. I even wrote to Marcus Lemonis on his "if you're not happy I'm not happy" program, and never received a response.

It probably does vary by dealership.
DaveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 08:29 AM   #11
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Since we full time and have traveled to many parts of the country, I've kept a spreadsheet of places to get repairs based on comments from actual experiences on this and other forums. I have two parts to the sheet. One is good ones and one is don't use under any circumstances. Camping World has many on both sides of the sheet which means to me that if I don't know something about a particular CW I'll avoid it since their service is all over the place.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 10:30 AM   #12
Bob and Jeannette
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davekendall1@yahoo.com View Post
I have purchased 2 RVs from CW, but not again. My service experience was horrible. I even wrote to Marcus Lemonis on his "if you're not happy I'm not happy" program, and never received a response.

It probably does vary by dealership.
I would love to know the details if you don’t mind. I have not had mine serviced yet and am interested in this stuff in case there is something that I can not do?
Old 09-30-2021, 07:56 PM   #13
Salineriverman
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #29050
I realize all CW are different due to management, my experience at Little Rock is they put a lot more effort into selling you an RV , extended warranty and environmental warranty and stress heavily on financing with them. They are very cordial but when it comes to warranty work be prepared to wait! We’re carrying our camper back Monday to get the Black water valve installed. We’ve also had trim fall off and I’ve put it back up. Will be glad to get through with this and hope we never have nothing major go wrong. CW parts folks says the issue is having to get warranty parts from their OEM suppliers.
Salineriverman is offline   Reply With Quote